Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

You are not authorized to access that page, please login...

Site of the Month - October Nominations

• damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Site of the Month - October Nominations

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Ok lads and lassies, you know the drill. Nominate a site that uses a RocketTheme template for the site of the month. Competition is strong and the decision is getting harder each month.

Use this thread for nominations only. If you're nominating your own site tell us what you've done to the template and what, if any, components, modules or bots you're using. If you're nominating a site you've seen just tell us why you like it and why you think it should win.

Rules can be viewed here:
      www.rockettheme.com/index.php?option=com...mid=149&topic=2459.0

The winner will be announced at the end of October. You'll get the respect of the RocketTheme community and a very special page on this site as seen here for the winner in July and August (September will be up soon):
      www.rockettheme.com/blogcategory/Site_of_the_Month/

Tip: If you've nominated a site before and it's not won it doesn't mean you can't nominate it again. There have been some very close calls and some of the sites we've seen could have easily won if the winning site wasn't nominated; it's a very close call each month!
    • Last Edit: 17 years 7 months ago by damo.
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Site of the Month - October Nominations

• Tip: If you've nominated a site before and it's not won it doesn't mean you can't nominate it again.

OK! :D I'm the first to nominate once again my site GuyaneWeb.Com

I'm using the Carbonation-Youyou v1 in the main site and the Carbonation-Youyou v2 only in the WebTV's section. I made a simple modification of the CSS to choose the colors of the users 4,5,6 and 7.
      It's a portal for French Guiana with several sections for all the people who live here (Haiti, Brazil, Rep. Dominicana, Cuba, Guyana, France, Russians and all the Caribeans islands...).

To offer news in several languages I'm using:
      1- An external RSS script (CaRP Koi) and the mambot rd_addphp to display php files in the joomla site. I'm using CaRP too for the jobs announcements in the user 5 scroller.
      2- The Xe-WebTV component from Xe-media to display channels from this countries (I'm working actually to add a lot of channels and make the categories by country and not language)

- In the main page and in other sections I'm using Ijoomla component and modules.

- I added the Xe-minivid module to display an host woman (made with CrazyTalk Media Studio) but this module will be used too to display videos of the local enterprises or some important events like the Ariane Rocket V.
      - The weather component and module is the eWeather 1.1 (a very good component but I needed to make modifications because the code for French Guiana was wrong and I experienced several bugs).
      extensions.joomla.org/component/option,c...nk_id,472/Itemid,35/

- The classified component is Noah without modification.
      - In the cinema section I'm using bot_xevidwidebot and the com_xegalleryPro for the pictures gallery
      - The event calendar is ExtCalendar
      - For comments I added Joscomment
      - I'm using easyFAQ too since few days and FacileForm for the contact form.

The section of games (Jeux) is created with Ijoomla too and joGadgets for the tabber and to display the externals php files. I added Flash Games with bot_xegamesV1

Another great mambot in the site is bot_allvideos to display videos from Google and Youtube in the sections about music from French Guiana and locals videos. I recommend to look at this video too see the reality of the jungle ;) www.guyaneweb.com/content/view/79/42/

I think I'm forgetting some components, modules and mambots but I'll update my post when I remember...

And if you are tied to see my site in this section I'll remove my post :D

• Re: Site of the Month - October Nominations

• http://clearwatermc.net/v3

This is my first site using Joomla. I'm using the iPod Nano module. Components are numerous but the main ones are VirtueMart and Expose4. I'm also using the Tab in Content and AkoCommentBot mambots.

I'm really pleased the way this one turned out and I'm working on more. Thanks to Rockettheme for helping make my site look great!

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Hi Everyone,

I am a new member. I'd like to submit my site:

qiqi.com/index.php

It is a site about Chinese culture.

Thanks

Jun

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • Hi all -

I'd like to nominate http://www.mywritinggroup.com

This is an active community of writers from the USA all the way to Australia, who get together to write fiction and
      get constructive criticism in private writing groups. We have an active forum community and I just "finished" (never really finished are we?) renovations with the RT Fire theme and RT SMF fire themes.

I used the Joomlahacks bridge which seemed to work really well for the SMF themes here, in addition we
      have added blogs and community builder recently.

Everyone has given RAVE reviews about the new look to the site, so I give a much deserved round of applause
      to the Rocket Theme team for giving us the foundation to make our site look top notch and compete with
      other sites that charge fees to their writers. (ours is free).

I won't bore you with all the modules, etc., in use, but if you have a question about how something is implemented, please
      feel free to PM me. All the other sites look great guys!

Thanks!

Posted 17 years 6 months ago

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds