Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Original Joomla Settings

Original Joomla Settings

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Please forgive me for asking, this is my first post to any forum. I checked the joomla forum and here for an answer. After playing around with a template I wanted to be able to go back to my original Joomla settings. Is there an easy way to do that without performing a fresh install? I feel stupid for asking...Thank You for any help you can give me on this.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 7 months ago by .
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

Re: Original Joomla Settings

• Hi Tracy,

It depeds on what settings you have changed, what things you have installed and what files have been deleted.

It's usully pretty simple to start again, if you've not accidentally deleted a file.

It would be helpful if you told us what kind of things that you've added since you first installed Joomla? I could be anwer your question if I had more info.

Thanks much!

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."

• First Off, Thank You for your quick response. I've been playing around with the technozine template. And following the great directions that were provided, no problems there at all. I ran into trouble when I changed to Versatility. The technozine instructions have you create submenus and stuff so when I switched over the layout was kinda broken. I haven't built my site yet so I haven't really installed any components, etc that I'm worried about losing. Hopefully that helps a little more. Sorry about the first post. On a side note. I ran across your site awhile back, I believe you used the fire template? Anyway, just really liked how it looked and how you set up your video. Thanks again for your help. Tracy
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Thanks Tracy,

Most kind of you... I had the hosting service switch a couple of settings, which caused the site to go down. I can't even get into the backend! I sent a 'trouble ticket' to the hosting company yesterday.

What happens when you switch back to the Technozine template? Is that what you're looking to do? Should be easy to do.

dave

• Hi David, Sorry to hear that about your hosting. Hopefully they resolve it
      for you soon.
      I just want to know if there's an easy way to get my joomla back to it's
      original settings without performing a fresh install. Is there a place in
      the backend I can just reset or is there a file or two I can just upload?
      Thanks again for your help. Tracy
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Tracy,

There are just so many variables. I hate to keep asking, but I need to know what it is that you did that would make you want to go back to original settings. That is an essential question.

dave

• Hi David, Sorry for dragging this out. So far all I've done is added two sub menu items, changed the user positions of a few modules and made two newsflash items. That's all. I realize I can probably go and figure out where things should be with the different template just thought it would be really handy if I could reset everything. This is why I try to find a similar post so I don't have to bother anyone...hasn't worked out. Just couldn't find anything. I'm learning though. Thanks again for taking the time to help me David. Tracy

• Nope you cant go back to default menus and module positions, you have to do that by hand as you did for your new template.
      As an alternative in the future, you could setup different test menus for different templates and then just unpublish what you don't need.

Andy's templates are very versatile and got lots of modules in different places, standard templates and install is a lot more simple / less versatile and thats where you will get in "trouble".

Another alternative could be to setup Joomla locally and do your testing there, and when u got what you like, do the same on the live server..
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Sounds like you just need to reverse the procedure that you used in making the changes. Also, see if you can find documentation of how the Joomla Admin Control Panel works. If you have altered things, you just need to change them back.

dave
    • Last Edit: 17 years 7 months ago by .

• Just wanted to thank David and Thomas for their time and help on the above issue.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds