Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Rockettheme is NO more!

• Mark59
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Rockettheme is NO more!

Posted 2 months 4 weeks ago
    • It is obvious Rockettheme is no more.. No more support ,no more updates, no more support, no more replies to forum posts.. And yet still advertising paid templates, and subscriptions! When will the owner of Rockettheme open up to their subscribers, and explain whats going on? Myself, I gave up and rebuilt my website with SP Page Builder Pro...

Good luck to you guys that hangaround...
    • The following users have thanked you: Jeaneve

• Kingsley
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Rockettheme is NO more!

Posted 2 months 4 weeks ago
    • Is this actually the case? Seems alarming to me as a paying customer... I am building a site now with a template and have support questions, but I will go elsewhere if this is the case.
  • Re: Rockettheme is NO more!

Posted 2 months 1 week ago
    • Many people on Facebook and other groups or sites are all saying Rockettheme quietly died. At this point I would agree seeing the last Joomla template release was alomost 2 years ago. I would not be surprised if they went Wordpress ONLY at this point. Joomla has become a pain for many devs. The changes from 3 to 4 were awful and now 5 has it's own issues.
      You can see even Joomla slowing down development of J5 by the number of updated we've seen since release only. 3 in 6 months. J4 had many more. Plus many many people cannot update to 5 because of the new requirements. Most shared hosting is still using MySQL 5.6 or 5.7 which J5 cannot be installed on. Leaving may sites stuck on J4. Plus we technically have until Oct. 2025 for J4 updates to stop. So still a long time.
      I'm one of those people stuck on J4 currently. I use Hostgator and they are just starting PHP8 upgrades and have basiaclly ignored communication regarding MySQL 8. All they're saying is they use 5.6 on CentOS 6 and 5.7 on CentOS 7 servers.

So at this point I can't blame devs for giving up on joomla. I mean Joomlart (Gavick pro included since they just restarted new templates & the new GK Framework), Joomshaper & YooTheme aren't going anywhere I'm sure. Those are the big ones. I literally lived thru the Astroid Framework original shut down when it was owned by JoomDev. And it was the same way as here, support and replies just stopped and a few weeks later they announced their shut down. By most people knew the writing was on the wall.And normally the signs are there and/or point to it.
      I left RT back after J3 came out and went to Astroid. When they shut down I went to JoomShaper and their Helix Ultimate Framework (But it just feels too bloated and slow these days). But now I'm looking deeply into GK Framework by the Joomlart owned GavickPro because it's very light-weight and sort of a Build-Your-Own Framework type template deal.
    • Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Aaron Bielert. Reason: Spelling

Posted 2 months 5 days ago
    • Aaron Bielert wrote:
      I use Hostgator and they are just starting PHP8 upgrades and have basiaclly ignored communication regarding MySQL 8. All they're saying is they use 5.6 on CentOS 6 and 5.7 on CentOS 7 servers.

My opinion is that the basic problem is due to cheap hosting.

MySQL 5.6 EOL: Ended 2 years and 11 months ago (28 Feb 2021)
      MySQL 5.7 EOL: Ended 3 months and 3 weeks ago (31 Oct 2023)
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 2 months 3 days ago
    • Kingsley wrote:
      Is this actually the case? Seems alarming to me as a paying customer... I am building a site now with a template and have support questions, but I will go elsewhere if this is the case.

Support (me, atm) is active and available.

Outside of that, there's nothing more I can share besides what was covered in this thread: rockettheme.com/forum/general-discussion...ure-support-continue
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 2 months 14 hours ago
    • Matt wrote:
      Kingsley wrote:
      Is this actually the case? Seems alarming to me as a paying customer... I am building a site now with a template and have support questions, but I will go elsewhere if this is the case.

Support (me, atm) is active and available.

Outside of that, there's nothing more I can share besides what was covered in this thread: rockettheme.com/forum/general-discussion...ure-support-continue

That thread is almost half a year old and there hasn't been any official development update.

I think that there needs to be more communication. Especially if you want people to renew their RocketTheme memberships again this year. Currently there is no sign that development is actively happening.

Based on what you've posted in the other thread, it appears that development has stopped, no new templates are coming, and instead there's just some support happening and a little damage control coding on templates for people purchasing memberships with templates that are breaking with the advancement of Joomla itself.

That isn't enough for people to purchase/renew memberships. We want to support you guys, we want to buy memberships, but we also want to know we aren't buying memberships of a shell company that only has support staff now and no active development. We want our sites to look modern and engaging, staying on top of current trends. Development and new releases are a must.
    • Last Edit: 2 months 14 hours ago by DTAL.
    • The following users have thanked you: Philippe kellen

• DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago
    • My Developer Club start date was December 2009 and it expires today. Without a response I can't justify renewing the membership for another year. As others have mentioned InspireTheme.com, I shall be checking them out instead.

Very sad to see RocketTheme ignoring their paid subscribers like this. Hard times or not, it's still a business and still charges full price fees to their customers. Not responding to customers is just poor business practice.
    • The following users have thanked you: Stefan Mehl-Ludvigsen, Philippe kellen, Jeaneve

• RacerFX
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago
    • I've been using Inspire Theme for a number of years and renewed with Rocket because of the support. Ivo supports his work, but it is all based on Gantry which is a RT development. The bigger question will be if Gantry survives this. By the way, Inspire has some great particles and atoms which are very useful. Inspire's themes are a bit more flexible for customizing and I have been able to create anything my clients see on the web with Gantry.

Only time will tell if I need to learn another platform. I hope not and will continue to hold my breath.
    • The following users have thanked you: timread, Jeaneve

Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • I've been reading up on the whole situation. very sad :-(

I've been with RT for decades for and do the ocasional new site now and then. I did not even notice that the last template is from 2022. that said I find it quite odd that the club membership was being advertised with a special sale in January 2024 when i renewed.

All the best to the RT Team or what's left of it.

I was logging in here to get information on WCAG 2.2 compliance of new templates but if there are no new ones...

Godspeed!
    • There is still soup left!

Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • Hello Aaron,

I really don't agree with your points about Joomla... specifically the changes between Joomla 3 and 4. The real issues for J3! to J4! were those site owners who added a ton of extensions which were not updated to J4! by their respective developers, Joomla itself had no problem moving from one version to the next... (I personally moved some 40 client sites from J3! to J4! in a matter of hours...) truth be told, I run my own web hosting platform so I have 0 hosting issues or limitations obviously and I tend to have very few extra plugins, or modules and only tried and true high quality components as well as quality templates, and frameworks like Gantry, etc.

As for Joomla 5 having it's own issues, maybe 5.0.0 (even though personally I didn't run into any issues) but not the current versions or is that it's not being maintained or worked on at a good pace - that's absolutely not the case...

As someone who recently became active in helping the Joomla project, only a month or so, I've seen a Pizza, Bug and Fun event where we updated/fixed a bunch of PRs from locations all over the world, and 2 releases of Joomla 5.

Joomla 5.1 is coming out in April btw but it would be even faster, better, I'm sure with your help (and anyone's else that wants to suggest, test, help improve an already great CMS) - the more people help the better, faster everything will be from testing releases, to documentation, translations, maintainers, marketing, writing articles for the Joomla Magazine etc etc there sure is no shortage of ways you could contribute to make Joomla even better.

As for the Shared Hosting argument, while you are right there are some low end shared hosting platforms, that are still leaving their customers stuck on MySQL 5.6, 5.7, thankfully a great majority are now providing MySQL 8 or newer MariaDB versions which would totally work with Joomla 5.

Also, not sure why you are saying that Astroid framework shut down as that's not the case... www.astroidframe.work is quite active and Joomla 4, 5 and beyond compatible...

On the more important topic of ROCKTTHEME....

What is for sure true, is that RocketTheme NEEDS to COMMUNICATE their intentions... it is neither appropriate nor kind for them to hold their paid customers hostage to the unknown... living on hope is great for the movies but not so much for those of us depending on RocketTheme... ;(
    • The following users have thanked you: Stefan Mehl-Ludvigsen, Philippe kellen, Christophe Lance

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds