Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Choose Layout for Articles in Block Content Particle

• Choose Layout for Articles in Block Content Particle

Posted 1 year 9 months ago
    • I am using Elixir as a template and want to use the Block Content particle in the Expanded position, with Joomla as a source for my articles. I want the articles to open in the Default layout instead of the Home or Base layouts which have the Slideshow particle taking up all the space at the top of the page.

I have selected the Default layout in Article==>Options and have looked in vain for anywhere else (besides in the menu items) where I can select the layout.

When I click a Read More button, I want the article to be displayed at the top of the page without the slideshow and other positions above it.

What am I missing?
    • Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by John Midgett.
    • Do you Nrf2? You'd better start soon!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Choose Layout for Articles in Block Content Particle

Posted 1 year 9 months ago
    • This is normal Joomla behaviour for "orphaned" or "menuless" articles. To get around this use the hidden-menu technique.

Create a MENU called "hidden" (no need to create a module to place it anywhere). In the hidden menu, create a MENU ITEM for each of the orphaned articles (single article type) and make sure these menu items are published. Now the hidden menu won't appear on any of your pages, but, the articles will now open in their own page. You can also use the same technique and create a hidden category blog menu item to pick up multiple articles too, thus saving having to create a hidden menu item for every article.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: John Midgett

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds