Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

[Closed] php 7

• Re: [Closed] php 7

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • As you can see in log, errors comes from akeeba AdminTools component.
      According to www.akeebabackup.com/compatibility.html , for Joomla 3.7 and php 7 you need AdminTools pro v4.1.3.
      If you have it already, I will recommend to reinstall component, or ask for support in Akeeba (they dont work on weekends btw).
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web

• Hi Hugo,

Yes I saw that and updated version then tried again. Therror I'm getting now is 'error displaying error page'. This occurs after updating to php 7. I try to log into the admin and get a blank white screen with above error message

• wildmorgan wrote:
      Hi Hugo,

Yes I saw that and updated version then tried again. Therror I'm getting now is 'error displaying error page'. This occurs after updating to php 7. I try to log into the admin and get a blank white screen with above error message

You will need to check php error log again.
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web

• Hi Hugo,

OK, I checked again, see below:

[05-May-2017 05:12:19 Australia/Sydney] PHP Notice: Undefined property: Gantry::$belatedPNG in /home/ashby/public_html/libraries/gantry/features/belatedpng.php on line 44
      [05-May-2017 10:31:11 Australia/Sydney] PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/ashby/public_html/modules/mod_rapid_contact/mod_rapid_contact.php on line 100

So I updated the 'rapid contact' module, still getting error, I even uninstalled it and tried again, but the error still came up?

The first error seems to be to do with gantry?

• Yes first is Gantry related, but its just a notice, that shouldnt affect your site.

regarding the "assign by reference", the module is definitely not php7 code compatible. If you have uninstalled the module and still getting php errors, then something went wrong during uninstallation,try again, if wont work, I am afraid, that will have to manually uninstall the module.
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web

• Hi Hugo,

OK, thanks for hanging in there with me, appreciate it. I think the manual uninstall option is what I need to do. I just googled how to do this and I'm getting some different answers here, what is the best way to manually uninstall a module in joomla 3.7?

• First make sure it's just a module, some extensions comes with attached component or plugins, etc. in this case will be long procedure, manually removing rows from database.
      If it is just a module without database interaction, should be safe to just delete all module instances from Joomla Modules manager (make sure is fully removed, not just unpublish or in deleted modules) and remove the folder from /home/ashby/public_html/modules/mod_rapid_contact/.

Remember to fully backup your website before, and dont do this in a production website, its adviced to perform this kind of tasks in a testing server.

Kind regards.
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web

• Hi Hugo,

OK, thanks for your help, appreciate it. I'll take a look into it a bit later and let you know how I go. Really appreciate your advice.

Thank you,
      Scott
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: [Closed] php 7

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: [Closed] php 7

• PHP Notice: Undefined property: Gantry::$belatedPNG in /home/ashby/public_html/libraries/gantry/features/belatedpng.php on line 44
      For this notice, please see my post here:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-framewo...eted?start=0#1346746

@Hugo, thanks a lot for your help so far, very much appreciated. :)
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Kat05.
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds