Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Mobile Menu - Ionosphere

• MacGyver
    • Rocketeer

SOLVED Mobile Menu - Ionosphere

Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    • Hi everyone. It's been a while, but I could really use some help.

Testing from different browsers on Samsung Galaxy mobile phones reveals that the mobile menu isn't working. If you click on a heading you can see, it will take you to the page, but the menu isn't sliding to one side to see the rest of the menu. Also, no other animations of the menu are working.

I'm not sure at this time if it's affecting iOS devices as well. I have verified this same behavior on another Joomla Ionosphere site as well.

Thanks in advance.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by MacGyver.
    • -To absent companions
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Mobile Menu - Ionosphere

• Please do not post extensions/template specific questions in the "General Discussion" forum. You should post in the extension forum or template forum as appropriate. Most of these forums are for members who have a current PAID membership. Our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

What browser are you using? We only support Chrome for Android and Firefox for Android. We do not support the "default" Android browser.

I get "server not found" on your link too?

Make sure that all RT products are up-to-date too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MacGyver
    • Rocketeer

• I apologize, Mr. T. I didn't realize I was in the wrong forum.

Per your question, the menu does not work in Chrome, but does slide in Firefox.

It took me a while to realize why you weren't able to see the webpage. I see by your profile that you're in the UK. For SPAM, robot, and security reasons the firewalls block all overseas IP addresses. If you'd be willing to take a look at it, I'll be glad to open the range and pay for your time.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by MacGyver.
    • -To absent companions
    • MacGyver
    • Rocketeer

• Hey Rick,

Just in cause you're curious I thought I'd give you (and anyone else who might be googling this) an update. It's not my site; it's the template. I went to the template's demo page here: demo.rockettheme.com/live/joomla/ionosphere/

In Chrome, the site doesn't go into mobile mode at all, but in Firefox it behaves just like mine. You can slide the menu bar, but can't click on anything. The full site toggle button doesn't display either, just like on mine. Guess it's a bad template. :(

So, for anyone else who is battling this, I'm guessing it's going to require a third party menu. When we solve it I'll try to remember to post back to help anyone else who comes across this later.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by MacGyver.
    • -To absent companions
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Who's Rick?

The demo's have not been updated to the latest version of the template. My understanding is that these bugs have been fixed in the latest version of the template v1.12 (demo is only v1.8 ). Also the demo uses the "fixed" (switching) version of the template whereas you may prefer to use the full responsive version of the template too (which handles mobile better).

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MacGyver
    • Rocketeer

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • My apologies Mark. I didn't mean to call you Rick. I had my gurus mixed up.

I found where you guys had discussed this bug here, but couldn't get to any threads where there was a resolution:
      github.com/gantry/docs/issues/43
      github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/557
      github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/553

I contacted a Joomla programmer over in Greece I've used before, and hope to be able to post a resolutoin for others fighting this. I'll see if I can update the template. I'll have to check the sys-reqs as we're getting ready to migrate to a new server.

Thanks again for the insight.
    • -To absent companions
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• All you need to do is install the latest version of the template?

Regards, Mark.
    • MacGyver
    • Rocketeer

• MrT wrote:
      All you need to do is install the latest version of the template?

Sadly, yes, and I'm hoping you can tell me I'm missing someting.

I was ready to buy the latest template you mentioend, Ionosphere v1.12, but System Requirements require Joomla 3.6, and Joomla 3.x requires php 5.3.10+. My server is running php 5.2.17, and that's as far as I can go without upgrading the RHEL OS, and I can't do that without moving to new hardware. This is not an eCommerce site. It's just a web presence.
    • -To absent companions
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• PHP 5.2.17 is ancient and riddled with bugs and security vulnerabilities. So really you do need to update your server unfortunately. Hosting is cheap though and you can easily get that spec of shared hosting for next to nothing. OR you can buy a VPS service (which will cost more) or finally a dedicated server (which can cost a lot).

Regards, Mark.
    • MacGyver
    • Rocketeer

• We have a dedicated server simply because when our email accounts were in a shared server enviornment, the IP would get blacklisted due to spammers on the same IP. We live and die by our email. So, yes, it'll cost a lot to move.

I was also just informed that we would need to rebuild the sites from scratch as:

"Migrating from Joomla 2 to Joomla 3 is normally a royal pain due to incompatible extensions and templates and needs to be undertaken on a test site, step by step, with a reasonable budget to cover the huge amount of work that can stem from a major migration."

So, I guess we'll just live with what we've got, and I'll see if anyone can bypass the Gantry menu and put in a third party menu or just kill the ad campaigns for now. Kind of makes me miss the days when I coded my websites in notepad. You wrote them, uploaded them, and forgot about them.

Thanks for all your help.
    • -To absent companions

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds