Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Diametric Upgrade

• Diametric Upgrade

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Hello i have joomla 2.5 and template of diametric responsive. I wounder if i upgrade to 3.0 joomla does the template still works? or is there a way u upgrade the template and both and dont have any lost data and configurations of modules and etc.. ?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Diametric Upgrade

• Provided you use the latest versio of the template and RT extensions then is is compatible with joomla 3. You will need a subscription to download the latest version - your subscription appears to have expired.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Diametric Upgrade

• But do i loose the configuration if i upgrade? like text and module compatible? thats my question. And to upgrade it i download it and overight the hole folders?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by psycomatis.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Diametric Upgrade

• Provided that you have done all custom CSS in a custom CSS file and have not change any of our original template files then you will NOT lose any of your content by doing the upgrade. As always though, please take a backup before you do the upgrade. You should NOT uninstall the diametric template simply install the latest standalone template version in extensions manager.

If you want to upgrade from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.x these are the steps to follow:

1. backup backup backup!
      2. make sure that you meet the system requirements for J3.x (min php 5.3.10).
      3. check that al RT products are on latest versions (gantry, rt extensions and template) update any that aren't and clear server cache and browser cache. Check that RT template you are using is compatible with Joomla 3.x http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates-compatibility-matrix . You can check all current version numbers in extension manager > manage. Please note if you are using "mission control" admin template that you need to uninstall this by following these special instructions http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/missioncontrol-joomla-admin-template/235181-important-information-about-uninstalling-mission-control .
      4. check all your third-party extensions are up to date and that they are compatible with J3.x
      5. test test test! to make sure anything you updated does still work ok
      6. backup backup backup!
      7. disable "system - remember me" plugin in extension manager > plugins
      8. update to J3.x and clear server and browser cache again.
      9. test test test!
      10. backup backup backup!
      11. re-enable "system - remember me" plugin.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds