Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Welcome to RTv3!!!

• Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Welcome to RTv3!!!

Posted 10 years 2 months ago
    • Thank you. I realise that some less "urgent" issues must have been placed on the back-burner to allow you to progress to the Launch of RTv3 (kudos on a great leap forward). I'm looking forward to see how you proceed with Kunena Templates, and I am still curious to learn more about RokFace. I understand your statement that it may not be a product for a general release, but depending on what it can do (and based on your statement that it is "built to provide flexible layouts that frontends a CCK-like backend" I could potentially see that there may be a market for it, perhaps as a sort of "Premium" extension.

One question I think got lost in my other questions was, will you be making a skin similar to the one used in the Forum available to us?
    • Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Ali Samii. Reason: Adding a question.
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii
  • Re: Welcome to RTv3!!!

• OK thanks for your explanations.
      I found another problem, the login is not stored and this is the third time I am forced to reconnect me on this new site. Is this normal doctor?

• Ali Samii wrote:
      What editor are you using in the Forums?

It has a very nice, clean and well-thought-out interface. I am sure you have customised it, but it would be nice to know what you are using. (It doesn't seem like it is RokPad, although I guess it could be a customised RokPad).

Just to add a bit more informations over what Andy already said. Yes the editor we're using in the forum is heavily based on ACE which is the same core used by RokPad. We are also using a lot of the same mechanics we are using in RokPad for the toolbar. The only difference is the BBCode support. There is no syntax highlight for BBCode in ACE so we ended up writing our own. :)

Over the next few days I'm going to look at updating RokPad to use the latest ACE, that should take care of Safari 7 issues and possibly others. I know the issue has been reported for a while now and I apologize for the time taking to fix it, we've been all very busy and focused on RTv3.
    • / Djamil Legato / Lead Developer /
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Thierry Devaux wrote:
      OK thanks for your explanations.
      I found another problem, the login is not stored and this is the third time I am forced to reconnect me on this new site. Is this normal doctor?
      This seems to have been fixed about an hour before this reply. Remember to clear all your Rockettheme related cookies so there not retaining any info from RTV2.

• Site looks great, nice and fast as well.

However the download for Alerion RocketLauncher3.1 isn't fully there

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Fred Dun....
    • Brian Towles
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Geekus Maximus

• Should be fixed now
    • Jon G.
    • Rocketeer

• Love the new site design.

Just a quick note that it would be great if you put dates on your changelog.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Just a note about the "remember me" checkbox on login. Yes we are aware there is a problem here. Seems the core-Joomla remember me functionality does not play nicely with our mix of SSL and non-SSL pages. We're going to investigate this more in the next couple of days.
    • Rafli Taslim
    • There is no best way. There is always a better way

• Hi, I have membership in Joomla, Wordpress and phpBB.
      In www.rockettheme.com/product-updates , it shows all updates. I would expect that when I am browsing Joomla, only joomla updates were shown. The same for Wordpress and phpBB.
      .. or.. at least make the column heading is able to click to sort things out, so I can go sort by platform, by date or by product.

After all, Great Job!. Love the design.. :)
    • Thank you,
      Me | Culinary
    • Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Djamil Legato wrote:
      Ali Samii wrote:
      What editor are you using in the Forums?

It has a very nice, clean and well-thought-out interface. I am sure you have customised it, but it would be nice to know what you are using. (It doesn't seem like it is RokPad, although I guess it could be a customised RokPad).

Just to add a bit more informations over what Andy already said. Yes the editor we're using in the forum is heavily based on ACE which is the same core used by RokPad. We are also using a lot of the same mechanics we are using in RokPad for the toolbar. The only difference is the BBCode support. There is no syntax highlight for BBCode in ACE so we ended up writing our own. :)

Over the next few days I'm going to look at updating RokPad to use the latest ACE, that should take care of Safari 7 issues and possibly others. I know the issue has been reported for a while now and I apologize for the time taking to fix it, we've been all very busy and focused on RTv3.

Hi Djamil,

It would be great if you could extend the version of RokPad you will be updating to have BBCode as an option. I think that functionality will be really nice as a way to allow us to integrate RokPad as the front-end editor for end-users on sites we develop in Forums or comments sections.
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds