Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SMF Theme Club!!!

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

SMF Theme Club!!!

Posted 17 years 11 months ago
    • Ok, after countless questions, comments, and general pleas, here you have it. I've been in discussions with bloc the leading SMF theme designer and member of the SMF Development team, and we're going to join together to bring you SMF themes that will blend seamlessly with RocketTheme templates. We're going to start off by developing some SMF themes for the most requested RocketTheme designs, so now is your chance to get your vote in.

NOTE: You can vote for you 3 favorite.

This is going to be a separate club as we'll be providing standalone theme versions as well as versions suitable to be wrapped inside of joomla. more details on this to follow....
  • Re: SMF Theme Club!!!

• You Rock!!!

-Jon G

• Andy Miller wrote:
      Ok, after countless questions, comments, and general pleas, here you have it. I've been in discussions with bloc the leading SMF theme designer and member of the SMF Development team, and we're going to join together to bring you SMF themes that will blend seamlessly with RocketTheme templates. We're going to start off by developing some SMF themes for the most requested RocketTheme designs, so now is your chance to get your vote in.

This is going to be a separate club as we'll be providing standalone theme versions as well as versions suitable to be wrapped inside of joomla. more details on this to follow....

Cooooool .....

I spent a week some time ago to find the SMF template that I'd like .... the only one I've found is the Joomla.org SMF template .... made by you and not available. I'd pay some bucks to get it for sure ...
    • www.jadralec.info
      www.saabslo.com

• Andy Miller wrote:
      Ok, after countless questions, comments, and general pleas, here you have it. I've been in discussions with bloc the leading SMF theme designer and member of the SMF Development team, and we're going to join together to bring you SMF themes that will blend seamlessly with RocketTheme templates. We're going to start off by developing some SMF themes for the most requested RocketTheme designs, so now is your chance to get your vote in.

Cooooool .....

I spent a week some time ago to find the SMF template that I'd like .... the only one that I liked (and've seen them all) is the Joomla.org SMF template .... made by you and not available. I'd pay some bucks to get it for sure ... Design consideration is the only reason I ure Simpleborad on all my sites. The forum design must blend with the rest of the portal, no question about it.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 11 months ago by Gregor Laura.
    • www.jadralec.info
      www.saabslo.com

• Here I go again trying to make money. While your talking to the SMF guy I would really be interested it being able to insert my own banner ads that are inserted from code I supply and not Joomla.

I use Google Adsense in web sites as well as selling advertising on my sites. These banner ads are dispensed to the web sites from a program I have on a MS SQL server. Basically it's just a matter of inserting the javascript into the web page and the banners appear. It's a real problem and so far I have not figured out how to do it in SMF and for that matter in Joomla.

All I have been able to insert is google adsense in Joomle a couple of banners in other Joomla sites.

Ray

Re: SMF Theme Club!!!

• There is a general ability to store "theme" specific items defined by any SMF theme. In many of my themes for SMF I have added such fields, where your html/javascript appear among the template code - mostly on top, or to the side of the forum.

• I can hardly wait for it. Is there possible one feature date for coming out?
    • When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
      Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole
      one and prayed for forgiveness.

• There is a general ability to store "theme" specific items defined by any SMF theme. In many of my themes for SMF I have added such fields, where your html/javascript appear among the template code - mostly on top, or to the side of the forum.

But I always get things out of alignment. I have not worked much with this in SMF but I have to because I have several applications I need to add a forum in.

Here is an example of how I always seem to mess things up when I add my banner code and some times when I add Adsence code. In this case I didn't want to change the Technopia template much because I like it so much. But I had to get the 728 X 90 banner in this web page. Also I wanted to maximize the Google Ads. Result the alignment is not right and I can't seem to figure it out.

http://www.bbqpodcasts.com

This site is perfect site to add a SMF forum to it. But I want it to look good.

But the SMF forum templates that I have looked at are not easily edited for max. ad potential. I have not even been able to edit them with a lot of hard work. Also I have never seen an SMF forum anywhere that has banner ads and Google Adsence ads in it that didn't look like they were put in by an amateur. They look like they were just stuck in as an after thought.

I don't know how to make money off of web pages better then using advertising space. Like I have mentioned earlier in this forum I have stopped making web pages for other people (at least for this year) and I am just building web pages for myself so I can optimize the ad revenue. But I want them to look as good as possible and that is why I am using Joomla and Rocket templates. I can knock out a great looking web page in the shortest period of time.

But I need to get the ads in the SMF forums to reach my goals. With SMF I have not done very well.

Ray

• SMF isn't geared towards handling banners as such - its after all a forum, not a CMS. :) Although the templates allow many things, it needs some knowledge to make it look good. As I have been pretty much been alone in putting extra fields for html content in SMF themes, its not an abundance of options yet.

But there is definitaly a need to design themes that have banners as integrated items - and not tacked on afterwards. I will keep that in mind.

• I can hardly wait for it. Is there possible one feature date for coming out?

Not a set date, but I will work as fast I can. :)

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds