Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Large error logs from Gantry

• Large error logs from Gantry

Posted 4 months 2 weeks ago
    • My webhost is reporting that error logs of 2GB are being generated from errors in Gantry.

This is one line of entry in the logfile:-
      File media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/scss/vendor/bourbon/_bourbon-deprecate.scss on line 7 WARN: "[Bourbon] [Deprecation] `transition-timing-function` is deprecated and will be removed in 5.0.0. We suggest using an automated prefixing tool, like Autoprefixer."

I am using PHP8.1 and Joomla 3.1 with the Elixer template and Gantry verson 5.5.17.

I have set error log to'none' in Joomla and also used a php.ini file with 'log_errors = 0;'however the logs are still being generated.

Is there a solution to this to stop these massive error logs being generated?

Thankyou for any assistance offered and regards, Jim Coyle
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Large error logs from Gantry

• Deprecated errors are non-service impacting... not sure why your host is logging them when you've got the error log turned off in Joomla and PHP. Is Gantry set to Production in the Extras Menu? Is Elixir up to date? Older versions of Elixir will have SCSS compilation issues with the newer compiler in Gantry 5.5.16+

Beyond that, perhaps your webhost has other logging they've turned on... is the Error log actually growing? Check the last entry date; maybe it's all old and can just be purged.
    • The following users have thanked you: Roxnrubble

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Large error logs from Gantry

• Thank you for your prompt reply and assistance.

I am investigating with my web host and will post here if a resolution is found.

regards, Jim Coyle

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds