Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • rb - why have you reported this topic? What is the issue?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • rb
    • Rocketeer

• I saw you edited. Thank you. All the
       [[ and ]] 

disappeard. How did you do that?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by rb. Reason: Block code display inserted ;-)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I put code blocks around instead of quote blocks as you did.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • So I got this working pretty good but I was wondering if there was a way to make it just log out when you clicked on the log out link instead of popping up a box with a log out button in it.

I also am having an issue resizing the login popup width but none of the suggestions have helped.

see here: http://www.wilnetconsulting.com
    • Ambrosia, Requiem and Kraken
      Joomla: Latest
      Gantry: Latest

• having a few issues with the login box popping up in some browsers and differing os's

main problem is with M$ Edge though although some users and clients are reporting on other browsers also. main complaint is the # returns it to top of page only - doesn't matter which page

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Michael R Williams - This is an extension that I have used myself - unfortunately standard joomla logout panel always shows a form first.

http://extensions.joomla.org/extension/quick-logout

Regards, Mark.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Rich Starkie - You are using cloudflare and jch_optimize - please disabled both and clear cloudflare cache, server cache and browser cache. Also ensure you have rokbox installed because I can't see it (but that might be cloudflare).

You do not need to be using a CDN unless your are a multinational company needing to server pages from a local country server and are prepared to invbest the time in configuring cloudflare to work correctly. Cloudflare breaks lots of things and for this reason I never use it.

Regards, Mark.

• Rich Starkie wrote:
      having a few issues with the login box popping up in some browsers and differing os's

main problem is with M$ Edge though although some users and clients are reporting on other browsers also.

This is most likely compatibility as Edge is so new it may take some time before this is tweeked out. You should always expect this with new browsers and have a disclaimer ready until developers get a handle on it.

Rich Starkie wrote:
      main complaint is the # returns it to top of page only - doesn't matter which page

this is because this is a link. you can specify this to any location you need. the # just specifies the page you are on. this link should read
      http://www.firebrandroxx.com/index.php#
      in this instance. I notice your code only reads
      http://www.firebrandroxx.com/#
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Michael R Williams.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Michael R Williams - thanks for trying to help but I don't think either of those pieces of advice are correct on this occasion (please see my reply above).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Michael R Williams

• Thanks for the correction, I saw the obvious with out looking at back end addons which may effect it and tried to give some insight from that. I do believe that Edge has its downfalls in its infancy and have seen it do some funny things as most new MS browsers do but in all fairness have not checked these themes in that browser itself. I would always suggest a disclaimer with month old browsers as you will never know their default behavior.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds