1 items / $24.00 Checkout

Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• nudlaug
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • hi mark,
      sorry you were not a superuser.
      so with popupmodule I can a sign a popuplogin to a normal link, like on the left "login" of the screenshot?
      regards
      oliver
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • No, the popupmodule adds a button wherever you place it on the layout, and when you click it it pops-up the module that you told it to (normally a login module). The advantage of the particle is that is will change the text label on the button according to your settings (whether logged in or logged out).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: nudlaug

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Elvis

Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    • I followed the instructions for creating a popup login for Callisto. However, I ger the result you see here:

faithables.education/index.php

Apparently, the button works fine in terms of toggling between login and logout, but the dropdown module shows by default. How can I fix that?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• As it says on the first page of this tutorial. This tutorial has now been superseded since you can now copy the "popupmodule" particle from one of the more recent templates. This is far easier to implement that doing all the coding yourself.

If you want to know how to copy a Gantry 5 particle from one template to another please read my tutorial here in Gantry 5 Official Documentation here .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Elvis

• I did downlaod the Calla template, copied the paticle files over to the Callisto template, created a position for the login popup, created a popup module, assigned it to the position, ensured that the popup module uses the login module. What I get is the result. Was there something else I was supposed to do?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• 1. copy the popupmodule particle from your donor template. If you want to know how to copy a Gantry 5 particle from one template to another please read my tutorial here in Gantry 5 Official Documentation here .

2. Create a login module in joomla module mamager and take not of it's ID - no need to assign to any position.

2. Drag a "popupmodule" particle onto the layout of your outline where you want the button to appear. Change the popupmodule settings and choose the "module" (login) that you created in step 2. SAVE

That's it.

Regards, Mark.
    • Elvis

• Thanks! I had previously copied the wrong _PARTICLENAME.scss file.
    • Elvis

• I thought I had solved this problem in a previous post. Yet, it shows up again.

Here is the steps I took to create a dropdown login button for the Callisto template:

Donor Tempplate: Xenon
      Recipient Template: Callisto

Copied from rt_xenon/particles/
      popupmodule.html.twig
      popupmodule.yaml
      Copied to rt_callisto/custom/particles

Copied from rt_xenon/scss/xenon/
      _popupmodule.scss
      Copied to rt_callisto/custom/scss

I read the twig file to see if there was any js I needed to copy. I did not notice any.

Just to be sure, I looked in the rt_xenon/js directory and found js for popupgrid, not popupmodule, so no js was copied to rt_callisto/custom/js.

Within the rt_callisto/custom/scss directory I have a custom.scss file with the import dependency at the top and

@import “popupmodule”;

In gantry I Recompiled CSS with no errors.

The popup module particle is dragged to a position and I have it reference the login module.

Yet, while the button toggles well, the entire login module shows by default rather than hidden until the button is pressed.

What may I be doing wrong?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No idea without seeing your site... Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Elvis

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds