Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED How is Gantry 5 integration with K2?

• hpaumit
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED How is Gantry 5 integration with K2?

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • Hi,

I'm trying to learn if there are any issues or concerns with usng K2 in the new Gantry 5 templates? Is there anything to look out for? Any insights on this would be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul
    • The following users have thanked you: Karbo

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED How is Gantry 5 integration with K2?

• hpaumit wrote:
      Hi,

I'm trying to learn if there are any issues or concerns with usng K2 in the new Gantry 5 templates? Is there anything to look out for? Any insights on this would be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

The only thing that is different with Gantry 5 in regards to K2 is that we haven't included any kind of template styling, yet.
    • The following users have thanked you: Karbo, hpaumit

• Karbo
    • Rocketeer

• Hi DanG, and... any prevision for this? :-)
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Karbo wrote:
      Hi DanG, and... any prevision for this? :-)

Not sure what prevision means?
  • Re: SOLVED How is Gantry 5 integration with K2?

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • Running the very latest version of K2 on the Salient template with Gantry V5 under j3.4.3. At the moment it is impossible to save any modifications to K2 text, nothing happens. Is this a known problem? If yes, what is the solution?

Thanks and regards
      David

• VMSWorldwide wrote:
      Running the very latest version of K2 on the Salient template with Gantry V5 under j3.4.3. At the moment it is impossible to save any modifications to K2 text, nothing happens. Is this a known problem? If yes, what is the solution?

I have noticed that this is not just a problem with K2 but is a problem also with articles. I cannot edit and save any content at the moment.

Thanks and regards
      David
    • Karbo
    • Rocketeer

• Sorry!

I mean... when is expected to be released? Gantry5 + K2

:-)
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• So I couldn't get K2-v3 to Save anything as none of the Save, Save&New nad Save&Close buttons did anything. I tried in Chrome Standard and Canary also the latest Firefox.

K2 v2.6.9 works fine in my Salient:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

• So, I had a similar problem hence asking the question. The solution for me was to sort out the server. I asked Barnaby Dixon over at PHP Web Design ( www.php-web-design.com ) who had helped me massively during my migration from J2.5 to 3.4 if this was something to do with the migration process. He took a couple of hours to research it an came back with a potential issue with mod_sec on my server account (Rochen). Here's what he wrote
      The general consensus online seems to be that this is caused by mod_sec which is an Apache security module. The basic fix seems to be to turn it off (via an email to your server admins). If it's only just started, I suspect that there's something changed in the Apache server configuration recently to either enable mod_sec or change its settings.

I asked Rochen to turn this off and immediately they did, K2 starting saving OK and some other issues I was having stopped. Salient and K2 are now working together like a dream, no problems at all.

Of course, I don't know if this is a similar problem to you, but it's worth sharing this solution just in case.

Regards
      David
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by VMSWorldwide.
    • The following users have thanked you: DanG

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• VMSWorldwide wrote:
      The general consensus online seems to be that this is caused by mod_sec which is an Apache security module. The basic fix seems to be to turn it off (via an email to your server admins). If it's only just started, I suspect that there's something changed in the Apache server configuration recently to either enable mod_sec or change its settings.

I asked Rochen to turn this off and immediately they did, K2 starting saving OK and some other issues I was having stopped. Salient and K2 are now working together like a dream, no problems at all.

Of course, I don't know if this is a similar problem to you, but it's worth sharing this solution just in case.

Regards
      David

We run into the mod_sec issue many times with our products, as have other template and extension providers have.
      To me the issue with mod_security and open_basedir is that they are valid solutions to protect your site however most hosters have a general configuration for those and many a time extensions that create their own folders will run afoul of those general settings.
      So if it prevents you from designing your site what good are they to you.
      Your choices are to get a dedicated server where YOU control the configuration or protect your site with Akeeba's Admin Tools Htaccess maker instead.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by DanG.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds