0 items Join Now

SOLVED Latest version of Gantry not setup as an update in WordPress

• safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Website designer and Administrator

SOLVED Latest version of Gantry not setup as an update in WordPress

Posted 1 year 1 week ago
    • Hi
      I got an error on a WordPress website today when updating an SEO plugin - the error highlighted some issue in Gantry 5
      I was running Gantry Version 5.5.15 which was the latest update available in the WordPress dashboard
      I went and checked latest version of Gantry available here on RT and saw the latest version was actually 5.5.16- which was updated 3 weeks ago.
      When I installed this on the website the error I had when updating the plugin didn't occur.
      When I searched on Gantry 5 Framework in Wordpress plugins it shows 5.5.15 as the latest version.
      en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/gantry5/
      Can I suggest that the latest version be available in Wordpress so people can upgrade as soon as possible?

Best wishes

Andrew
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Latest version of Gantry not setup as an update in WordPress

Posted 1 year 1 week ago
    • G5.5.16 is broken and that is why it was pulled from the updater. Downgrade back to g5.5.15 and go no higher than php 8.0.x.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 1 year 1 week ago
    • Hi Mark
      Ah maybe it was the PHP version

Best

Andrew
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 1 year 1 week ago
    • Hi Mark
      Interestingly enough I am running PHP 8.1 and PHP 8.2 on some WP sites and no problems.
      Recently we switched to a new UK server company which is very WP orientated and things work more smoothly overall.
      The server has built in caching so we don't use cache plugins.
      On this site https://www.widowsforpeace.org/ we are using the Studius Theme (without the cache enabled - in development mode) and PHP 8.1
      And it runs really well.

Best
      Andrew
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 1 year 6 days ago
    • Ok, as you wish. I know of problems with PHP 8.1.x and PHP 8.2.x but if it works for you then great.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds