Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Custom HTML particle to execute PHP using Sourcerer

• DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Custom HTML particle to execute PHP using Sourcerer

Posted 1 year 1 month ago
    • Hi guys

As advised by Mark a few years back, I've been using a custom html particle to execute PHP using Sourcerer with the {source 0}...{/source} tags without issue in Joomla 3.10. Migrated to Joomla 4 which necessitated updating the Sourcerer plugin to the latest version and now it seems the {source 0} tag no longer works.

In their documentation, it seems they've updated the syntax to {source raw="true"}...{/source} however this does not seem to work for me.

Does anyone know the correct syntax to get this to work?

Many thanks in advance
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Custom HTML particle to execute PHP using Sourcerer

• I use sorcerer all the time and my use of tags is unchanged for years.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Wow! Such a fast reply! Thanks Mark!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You hadn’t ticked “process shortcakes” in the customhtml particle - I’ve now done that and you PHP is executing but it has errors that you need to correct. Don’t forget now that call to J4 are different to J3.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Oh, didn't know that had to be ticked. Thanks Mark! I never needed that ticked in previous versions. Is that something new? Went from Sourcerer v8.4.2 to v9.4.2
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Nothing new - and you did need it ticked in previous versions - maybe you changed the default particle settings because I had to add the override to tick the box.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: DTAL

• DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• hmmm nope, just checked my live site and it's not ticked, but nevertheless, if it needs to be now then all good!

I've updated my JDatabase calls, a LOT of changes! All is working again now (for now haha)!

Thanks again for your super fast help!!!

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds