0 items Join Now

SOLVED Switching default home page

• Joombler
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Switching default home page

Posted 1 year 2 months ago
    • [J!4.2.6 G!5.5.14 Hydrogen 5.5.14 / g5_hydrogen]

I am using the standard setup for showing my blog articles
      Created a new module (1) that I would like to use instead of that standard display (2).

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

(2) Start menu - display of featured articles (status: default) to be replaced by module (1)

Might be a Gantry related configuration setting but so far no luck.
      Can you tell how I can do that?
      Thanks!
      Jos @ cloudzeeland.nl
    • Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Joombler.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Switching default home page

• Well, presumably, your menu item is currently of type “category blog” - so the first thing to do would be to change it to type “gantry 5 custom” instead - that will get rid of the component output. The next thing would be to go to the outline that you are using and create a module position on the page where you want to display your new module and give it a “key” (a module position name). Then, in Jooomla module manager go to you module and assign it to that module position that you created. Also, assign it to the relevant “pages” (menu items) on which you want that module to show.

That’s it.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Joombler
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi MrT, I set it up as you kindly suggested, but module (1) is not displaying.
      Can you see what I did wrong here @ cloudzeeland.nl
      Thanks again,
      Jos
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Joombler
    • Elite Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Give me an inch-wincy clue as to the module ID and the position used and the outline ID used - otherwise I could be here forever

Regards, Mark.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• If it’s module ID 234 (RUXIN BLOG) in RUX-MAIN position then there is a setting in the module that says EXCLUDE MENUS “start”.

See screenshot.

Regards, Mark.
    • Joombler
    • Elite Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok well that module is currently generating ZERO output and therefore there is nothing to render from it. You cannot add module content into the “page content” particle.

So seek assistance from the developer of the ruxin blog module since RT does not provide supporter third-party products.

Regards, Mark.
    • Joombler
    • Elite Rocketeer

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds