Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED horizontal menu

• SOLVED horizontal menu

Posted 1 year 2 months ago
    • Uh... in the horizontal menu (helix/footer) I can't show the fa-icons and even the subtitles...
      hqmonza.it
    • Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by mauro buffa.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED horizontal menu

• Why not ?

What font awesome version is selected in base outline page settings?

What icon codes are selected in the gantry 5 menu editor (are they the correct codes for the fontawesome version).

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED horizontal menu

• In the main menu, at the top of the pages, it's ok, as you can see....
      Footer horizontal menu:
      On the homepage there is (HQ homepage style, footer) the piede 1 menu
      On the other pages (default style, footer), two menus are aligned: piede 2 + piede 1
      The item "Archivio" in piede 1 has a fa-icon and a subtitle
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You horizontalmenu particle has manual entries added that do not use the joomla menu. In that manual setting ther is no facility to use an icon. What you should be using instead is a menu particle which does use joomla menus.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Okay. I tried. But if I use the menu particle I get a confusing result, with items stacked on top of each other and colors not required. And just you advise against using the menu particle outside the top menu position
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Nothing has changed? You can use menu particle, i have not advised against that. Please add menu particle instead and let me check then.

Regards, Mark

• Ok. Look at the result in homepage at www.hqmonza.it ....
      It is a menu particle in footer, Base Outline Style (joomla menu: menu piede 1)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, so it's fine other than color, which you can change with custom css.

Regards, Mark.

• Fine? you are an incurable optimist :)
      Colors to change and spacing to add between items. Okay. I can.
      But can't I use the same CSS as the top menu? It would be quicker and easier. Can you tell me which css I have to add into the menu joomla item? Thanks
    • Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by mauro buffa.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes, fine.

I added some custom css for you (at the bottom of custom.scss). - it would take me longer to describe it than just to do it for you.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds