Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Variations For Interstellar Theme Menu Not Working

• SOLVED Variations For Interstellar Theme Menu Not Working

Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    • Hello,

I'm attempting to remove the Logo and Social Media icons and center the Interstellar menu. I have been able to remove the Logo and Social Media icons but having no luck with centering the Menu.

I'm a newb with Gantry 5 so I'm hoping it's something really simple I'm missing. I have read up on the Gantry 5 Variations and from what I understand I'm using the correct Variation. Here is what I have tried:

I go to Extensions>Templates>Interstellar - Default and select the Base Outline from the drop down. I then go to Layout. I have removed the Log and Social particles leaving the Menu to take up 100%.

I click on the cog wheel of the Menu particle and then click on Block. I removed "Align-Left" and entered "Center". I click Save and Apply but when I refresh the home page the menu is still aligned to the left.

Any idea why the Menu particle doesn't seem to take the Variation change? Or am I going about centering the menu the wrong way?

May thanks in advance for the help. I've attached some screen shots for review.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Variations For Interstellar Theme Menu Not Working

• You need to change the "home" outline for the home page as that is the outline that is assigned. Most likely the "home" outline has not been set to "inherit" it's content from the base outline.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Variations For Interstellar Theme Menu Not Working

• Hi Mark,

Many thanks for the guidance. You indeed are correct! I didn't know that from the drop down in the top left that there were more outlines by scrolling down. I scrolled and found Home - Positions in the theme outlines.

One thing that I did find is odd is that it won't take the Inheritance change. Each time I select the "Base Outline" under the Inheritance tab and hit Apply & Save, then check it again, it reverts back to the "No Inheritance".

This happens for both the Section Settings as well as the Particle Settings.

While I was able to accomplish what I needed by changing the Variation of the Menu Particle to 'Center' in the Home - Position oultine, I figured it was worth mentioning that it won't allow inheriting for some odd reason.

Perhaps it's something that can be explained?

Cheers,
      Brock
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Please give me exact steps you are making to activate inheritance (better still a link to a video) so I can see what you're doing and advise accordingly.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok you missing the final step on inheritance... You need to tick the boxes "replace section attributes" and "replace particles within section" otherwise Gantry 5 doesn't know what it's supposed to be inheriting. I just did this for you and it now works. Obviously you don't have to ticke both boxes if you don't want that but you have to tick at least one of them.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Brock Butterfield

• Aw... Many thanks for the information and guidance. Just another reason why I'm a happy Rocket Theme member!

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds