Welcome Guest! Login
1 items / $24.00 Checkout

SOLVED Question about Gantry 5

• Jordan W
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Question about Gantry 5

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Hello,

In Gantry 5, if a particle (say an Owl slider) appears in the layout section for for the Default Theme outline of the template, when I make a new theme outline, the particle appears on the new outline. However, if I make changes after that to that to particle on the Default theme, the changes are not reflcted on the same particle appearing on the new theme outline. Wouldn't that be the point of overriding the default in this way?

Jordan
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Jordan W.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Question about Gantry 5

• No, at the point you are creating the new outline you are also creating a new instance of the particle on the layout. That said, if you want both of those instance to inherit the same particle settings then you can do this by changing the settings for that particle on the base outline > settings page and then on each of the layouts make sure that the particles don't have the overrides ticked.

But a better way of sharing the same particle is to create it in a Gantry 5 module in module manager. Then you can assign that module to a module position that exists on your layout(s). In this way you are truly sharing the same particle instance amongst your pages.

I hope that helps.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Jordan W
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Question about Gantry 5

• Got it.

Thanks Mark

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds