Welcome Guest! Login
1 items / $24.00 Checkout

SOLVED Layout Assignments not staying set

• SOLVED Layout Assignments not staying set

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • I've been using layout assignments to change the layout of content on certain pages and categories. Works great. Except today many of them stopped saving. A first good amount stay set but the rest revert to off. The only thing that has recently changed is I now have over 1000 posts of a custom post type. A little over half way down they stop saving. I'm thinking I hit some kind of limit? Is there a way to hide all these records from this screen?

What I really want to do is set my custom category term so all my custom posts will have the layout assigned. But I can't set that either because it's below the posts. I attached a few screens which will hopefully show what I'm seeing.

I even tried another theme just in case but even in the default Hydrogen theme I get the same issue. It really feels like it's some kind of limit as if I delete all those posts I can set it just fine. Any ideas or workarounds. Like I said if there's a way I can just have those "Vehicle Listings" not show in the Assignments I'm good with that, I don't want to target them by each post but by category.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Alex Bangle. Reason: Forgot to add screenshots
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED Layout Assignments not staying set

• Re: SOLVED Layout Assignments not staying set

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Damir, moderators and administrators
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Thanks. What was the issue? A bug? Which folder do you need FTP access to?

• Hi,

FTP to your WP root directory please, we need to check what could cause this. Also the lists in the Assignments had scrollbars so there were much smaller and handy but we had to disable this because of a Bug in Chrome that they didn't fixed for the past 5(!) releases :(

Thanks,
      Jakub
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Jakub Baran, moderators and administrators

• Any update on this? I am working on moving around some of the sites so wasn't sure if the site access and FTP was still needed or if I could remove that and pull down our test site. Thanks.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Hi,

Did you remove the rockettheme WP user ? I cannot seem to be able to login into your WP admin.

Thanks,
      Jakub
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Jakub Baran.
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds