Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED GT Metrix

• crash3903
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED GT Metrix

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Good afternoon

I wonder if I could get some help. I am running my site through GT Metrix to check the load speed and whilst it is scoring really high, there are some resources that are draqgging it down very slightly. If you look at thsi link, you will see that gantry is causing issues with "Query Strings" and "Character Sets"

gtmetrix.com/reports/www.pierceandco.co.uk/jijyGTt3

Is there a way I can resolve these issues?

Thanks

Mark
  • Re: SOLVED GT Metrix

• Hello,
      I hope you are impressed by these results. That score, as is, it is really high and although it might be taken for granted, we did put a lot of effort to make Gantry score that high :)

Now, regarding some suggestions to improve those C results, I can tell that gtmetrix is being a bit too severe on those results, but fortunately something you can easily adjust.

You can disable the query strings from the Gantry system plugin, it is an option that we added to ensure that assets get refreshed on update and is one of those false-positive results. Even though gtmetrix says it's bad practise, the honest truth is browser know how to cache assets with query string very well and don't affect page performance at all.

Go to Manage -> Plugins -> Filter for 'Gantry' and pick the 'System - Gantry 5' -> Disable Asset Timestamp

Regarding the charset, that unfortunately is not related to Gantry but to your server setup.
      One easy attempt you can try is to add at the end of your .htaccess the following:
      AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
      AddType application/x-font-ttf .ttf
      AddType application/x-font-woff .woff
      AddType application/x-font-woff2 .woff2
      AddType application/vnd.ms-fontobject .eot

That alone should be set the charsets the way PageSpeed is suggesting to do.

Hope it helps!
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Djamil Legato.
    • / Djamil Legato / Lead Developer /
    • crash3903
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED GT Metrix

• Good morning Djamil and thank you for your detailed response, very much appreciated.

Also, yes I very much appreciate all the work you guys put into your gantry system - It really is somethign very special and makign it perform so well on the GTMetrix site makes it even better :)

I have made the adustment in the plugin and also in the htaccess file. The htaccess file edit made it drop to 97% so I have reversed the edit.

Here are the results with the plugin change

gtmetrix.com/reports/www.pierceandco.co.uk/aWtdA0pj

Excellent work thanks very much!

Regards

Mark

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds