Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Unable to make changes to Custom CSS/JS Atom settings since 5.1.1

• SOLVED Unable to make changes to Custom CSS/JS Atom settings since 5.1.1

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Hi, I just updated my Gantry 5.1, to the latest 5.1.1, and now I can't make any changes to the Custom CSS/JS Atom Settings on my template. I am getting the following error in the console:

main.js?55e3097e (line 9)
      TypeError: l.splice is not a function

...ion-data]"),l=s.value();l=JSON.parse(l),l.splice(o,1),s.value(JSON.stringify(l))...

How can I rollback to the last working version without losing my settings?

thanks
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Unable to make changes to Custom CSS/JS Atom settings since 5.1.1

• I added a Atom (custom CSS)to my Callisto Home outline and it worked. What did you try to add?
      As far as rollbacks go, backup your site with a free copy of Akeeba backup then reinstall 5.1.0. Your outlines will be fine.
  • Re: SOLVED Unable to make changes to Custom CSS/JS Atom settings since 5.1.1

• I added a piece of inline script to be called on one of my outlines. But it's the same issues with my other outlines too, where I just have calls to js files using the File Location. It also won't let me click the trashcan icons to remove any of the custom calls. I've already got Akeeba installed thanks, so I'll give reinstalling 5.1.0 a go :)
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Johnny D wrote:
      I added a piece of inline script to be called on one of my outlines. But it's the same issues with my other outlines too, where I just have calls to js files using the File Location. It also won't let me click the trashcan icons to remove any of the custom calls. I've already got Akeeba installed thanks, so I'll give reinstalling 5.1.0 a go :)

Out of curiousity what happens if you add your script inline?
      Also 5.1.1 was a BIG change from 5.1.0 so it seems there are a few bugs to iron out. We're working on it.

• I've tried using both the inline and File Location options, but I encounter the same issue.

I uninstalled the Gantry pkg (as for some reason re-uploading the 5.1.0 pkg into the Extension manager wouldn't work for me), re-installed 5.1.0, and strangely enough, I still have the same problem! So maybe it wasn't the update causing the issue, afterall...?

However, everything was working fine when I was working on the site yesterday (before I made the update).

What's the best alternative for me adding custom js to the Gantry template without using the Atoms? Looks like I might need to avoid that for now. :( But I have to say, I am really loving the new system, it is top notch!

thanks

• I just tried again, clearing the cache etc this time around. I forgot that step previously...

Now (still on 5.1.0), the Atom settings in the Base Outline, and the Home Outlines work fine. I can edit, save and delete any JS items there. Just not the JS items on my Default Outline. Which, quite typically, are the ones I need to work on now! :)

• Right, if I DON'T use inline JS, and just stick with File Location, I can make the edits I need. I still can't delete any of the existing items , but I can clear the contents of them and Save. So it's a good workaround for now.

I'm going to stay on 5.1.0 for a little while I think! But thanks for your help. :)
    • Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Johnny D.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Johnny D wrote:
      I just tried again, clearing the cache etc this time around. I forgot that step previously...

I did the uninstall of 5.1.1 and reinstalled 5.1.0 and CLEARED ALL CACHES known to mankind and yet the template behaved erratically compared to prior installation of 5.1.1.

It ended up I had to shut down my Browser tab and then do a CTRL-SHFT-DEL to thoroughly clean the browser cache. Once I opened a brand new tab of my Callisto all was well and good.
      Johnny D wrote:
      Now (still on 5.1.0), the Atom settings in the Base Outline, and the Home Outlines work fine. I can edit, save and delete any JS items there. Just not the JS items on my Default Outline. Which, quite typically, are the ones I need to work on now! :)

I'll see if I can replicate this for the ticket I'm writing.

• Just wanted to note that since the latest update - 5.1.2 - that everything seems to be working perfectly now! Thanks guys, keep up the great work!

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds