Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

16 column layout

• 16 column layout

Posted 14 years 2 weeks ago
    • So I changed the gantry-config.php to $gantry_default_grid = 16;
      I am wanting to select the 'sa3-mb10-sb3' => array('rt-push-3','rt-pull-10',''), option for the mainbody layout.

So what is the trick here? I am still only getting the options for 12 column layouts. I have tried this both with the Gantry core template and the Quasar template and I am getting the same results. Is there somewhere else that the option for the 16 column grid needs to be set?

Also whenever I use the Gantry core template the font-stacks don't work, but they do with Quasar.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: 16 column layout

Posted 14 years 2 weeks ago
    • to use the 16 column layout with rt_gantry_j15, you should copy the templateDetails.16grid.xml to templateDetails.xml

It's not quite so trivial to change the grid system of an existing template. You have to change the default_grid but also all the positions need different configurations as seen in the screenshot below (12 on the left, 16 on the right)

Also any presets will have to be fixed/adjusted to work with the new layout.
    • johnzhel
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • Hi Andy and any Gantry experts,

Can someone release a "rt_gantry_j15" 16 column version to easy out the guess and trial-and-error here? I think the Gantry community will appreciate this release from the bottom of our hearts. :)

Thank you for reading!
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• There's already a 16 column version of the templateDetails.xml included in rt_gantry_j15, just rename and you should be good to go.
    • johnzhel
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you Andy! I will definitely try that.
    • johnzhel
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi Andy,

If I have already installed the 12 column template templateDetails.xml, and now I want to switch to 16 column templateDetails.xml, do I need to uninstall 12 column template, and re-install it with 16 column .xml template?

The reason I am asking is that I tried to change some parameter in 12 col templateDetails.xml (just want to change something in template manager for the 12 col setup, this change has nothing to do with the 16 col question above)

for instant, change "templateDetails.xml" FROM:

<param name="mainbodyPosition" type="positions" default="6,3,3" label="MAINBODY_POS" description="POS_DESC">
      <schemas>1,2,3,4</schemas>
      <words>sa,sb,sc,mb</words>
      <type>custom</type>
      </param>

TO:
      <param name="mainbodyPosition" type="positions" default="7,3,2" label="MAINBODY_POS" description="POS_DESC">
      <schemas>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</schemas>
      <words>sa,sb,sc,mb</words>
      <type>custom</type>
      </param>

and upload the .xml file in the hosting folder, BUT nothing changes in the template manager. So, I guess that making any change in templateDetails.xml has to go through the INSTALLATION process to make it appear in template manager. Am I right?

Thank you for your help!
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• assuming you use the basic gantry template "rt_gantry_j15":
      All you have to do
      Remove (Backup) in the template folder "rt_gantry_j15" this file:
      templateDetails.xml
      and rename
      templateDetails.16grid
      to
      templateDetails.xml

Ready! The rest comes from Gantry!
    • Wynnjg
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • How is this done for the J1.6 version? I just installed Gantry v3.2.6 and am trying to switch to 16 column unsuccessfully.
    • zeebeest
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • Jason Wynn wrote:
      How is this done for the J1.6 version? I just installed Gantry v3.2.6 and am trying to switch to 16 column unsuccessfully.
      Did anyone get this working for J1.6?

I have the same problem with the default template for J1.6 with both Gantry v3.2.6 and v3.2.7. When I tried renaming 'template-options.16.xml' to 'template-options.xml' I received a back-end error that the file ..template/admin/tips/iphone.xml is missing. The error page is just a white version of the Gantry framework and without any tabs.

I copied the mobile.xml and named it iphone.xml. That fixed the error but the grid system in the backend is still set to 12 columns and the layout screen gets messy. What else do I need to change to make it into a 16 column layout?
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Posted 12 years 9 months ago

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds