Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Additional content-top module positions

• Additional content-top module positions

Posted 14 years 1 week ago
    • Hi,

I need to add additional 'content-top' module positions because I need to publish on module in 'content-top-a' position and right below that module I need two modules that will have 50% of mainbody width (I hope it make sense).

I tried to find the way how to add additional 'content-top' like position but all I was able is to add module positions in other parts of the template )as described on Gantry framework web site).

Is it possible to add additional module positions above the main content that would behave exactly as 'content-top' position?

I attached quick mockup of module positions that I am trying to get (of course, I know that new module positions can't be named 'content-top-a,b,c' and 'content-bottom-a,c,b' :-)
    • sitaran
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Additional content-top module positions

• I thought it worked so that if you add more than one module in the same position - they stack.
      So, if you have two different items of content, and put them both in the content top a position - you should get what you want. Try it anyway.
  • Re: Additional content-top module positions

• RD wrote:
      I thought it worked so that if you add more than one module in the same position - they stack.
      So, if you have two different items of content, and put them both in the content top a position - you should get what you want. Try it anyway.

Hi,

thank you for your suggestion. I tried that and it does work but there is another problem that I forgot to mention. I need the following module arrangement:

1. one module that would occupy the whole width of content-top position
      2. under that, two modules that would occupy each 50% of width of content-top position
      3. under that again one module that would occupy the whole width of content-top position

To be able to do that, I need to define new module positions

Posted 14 years 3 days ago
    • Anyone? Guys, I don't believe that this is so hard to achieve. I just can't find what and where to put changes :cry:

Posted 14 years 3 days ago

Posted 14 years 1 day ago
    • Scott Ackerman wrote:
      Take a look at this tutorial, it should point you in the right direction.
      www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/j...ing-module-positions

Hi,

thank you for pointing to that tutorial. I already tried it before but it doesn't work for content-top and content-bottom positions. They are defined completely different in Gantry.

That is the reason why I am asking for help.

Posted 14 years 1 day ago
    • Which template are you using? Makes testing locally somewhat easier...

Posted 13 years 11 months ago
    • Your latest template
    • DrVolt
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 13 years 11 months ago
    • We are trying to achieve the same goal:
      - Two modules of the same width in Content-bottom A and Content-bottom B positions
      - A single module twice the width occupying the (missing) position underneath.

We would like to adopt this scheme in the Juxta template.

Any hint is highly appreciated.

Stefano
    • Mr Toast
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Wanderer, philanderer, occasional web monkey

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • Hi,

I'm look for exactly the same solution and can't believe no one has answered.

Did anyone find a solution!?
    • Cheers,
      Mr Toast says... keep toasting!

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds