Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Trouble with installation, permissions, and errors

• Trouble with installation, permissions, and errors

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • I have been having a great deal of difficulty installing Joomla, Gantry, and the RocketLauncher for a site hosted on a Windows server of some sort. After finally getting the Launcher uploaded and installed, it seems there is still a great deal of issues with permissions and with at least one missing file. I am beyond myself in this. Never had these kind of problems before. Have a feeling it is something server side since I have never had these problems with Joomla or Rockettheme/Gantry before. This is a new Hosting Provider and I am not getting the best results.

Error #1:
      Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in D:\inetpub\vhosts\rbcabingdon.org\httpdocs\components\com_gantry\core\utilities\cache\fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 215

Error #2:
      File administrator/templates/system/gantry-ajax-admin.php is missing.

How do I fix these and make this a solid installation?

Prior to these two errors, I also had an unbelievable time with the original installation especially regarding a missing configuration.php file which I had to create manually. I am very frustrated and could use some expert help. Thanks.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Trouble with installation, permissions, and errors

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • Go here -> Admin -> Help -> System Info -> Directory Permissions. Are all the permissions GREEN and labeled as Writable?
      If they are than you are probably running in an ownership issue. I don't know much about Windows servers but ask your hosting provider if your Joomla installation has ownership of the files and folders it installed. Sounds weird but we've seen this more than once.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds