Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Checkboxes for Some Are Missing

• Checkboxes for Some Are Missing

Posted 13 years 2 weeks ago
    • Joomla 1.6.1, Gantry 3.2.2, Tachyon on local server
      Check-boxes are missing for some parameters at back-end making it impossible to edit.
      All directories are writable. Cleaning the cache makes no sense.
      Please see the attachment.
      Why is this so?
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Checkboxes for Some Are Missing

• First of all, please upgrade Joomla, Gantry and all your plugins.
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

the options you've marked there are only available as default (global) settings, therefor the checkboxes are not needed. for example it is not possible to enable gantry cache and gzipper for certain pages only.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: Checkboxes for Some Are Missing

• prim wrote:
      First of all, please upgrade Joomla, Gantry and all your plugins.
      I have noticed that if a copy of a master template (rt_tachyon_j16 in this case) is not duplicated as MASTER the following can't be edited in the duplicate :
      Gantry cache, Gantry gzipper, RTL support, Menu-less pages
      The last 2 are important if you have a multi-language site with some RTL languages.
      Otherwise either we would need make manual changes on DB to reflect RTL support and menu-less pages or create multiple masters for each language.
      PS. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the very latest Gantry 3.2.3 on Joomla 1.6.3 as prim advised but nothing has changed.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

you can enable rtl support by default, if the language used is ltr it wont have any effect. so you do not need a custom setting for certain pages only.

i don't know how menu-less pages are supposed to work for some pages but not others, that's just not possible i believe.

Posted 13 years 1 week ago
    • Kat05 wrote:
      hi again,

you can enable rtl support by default, if the language used is ltr it wont have any effect. so you do not need a custom setting for certain pages only.

i don't know how menu-less pages are supposed to work for some pages but not others, that's just not possible i believe.

RTL case is OK but menu-less pages option remains as a problem in a multi-language environment. Unless one makes manual db modifications there is now way to do so on a unmastered, duplicate.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

are you using joomfish or how have you set up your site with multiple languages?

• Kat05 wrote:
      hi again,

are you using joomfish or how have you set up your site with multiple languages?

It is a Joomla 1.6 site with multiple languages based on built-in language switcher of J 1.6.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds