Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Side Module Positions (Tachyon)

• Side Module Positions (Tachyon)

Posted 13 years 4 weeks ago
    • Hello,

I'm interested in adding Side Module positions for Advertising space. I've been toying around with adding new modules positions but the way I'm doing it right now isn't working really the way I want it to work. Below is the edited code that I have thus far. My issue right now is that it looks great on my screen and resolution but when going to a smaller size screen and resolution, it moves the newly created module positions around. I know this is due to the CSS coding that I'm using for it, I'm not that great with coding to begin with but I do understand how to read and edit it. I was hoping if there was a better solution for adding these spaces to the outer body area. Also attached is an image of the areas I'm interested in adding positions to.

My site is still under construction, so it is locked down, I am glad to create a temp account and PM one of you if need be. Thanks for any help!

Just a suggestion, this may be something you might want to integrate into granty's layout in the future. These areas are ideal for top selling advertising spaces on a site.

template.css
      /* Left Advertising */
      #rt-left_adver {float:left;
          display:block;
          right:930px;
          padding:0;
          position: absolute;
          top: 210px;
          z-index:100;}

/* Right Advertising */
      #rt-right_adver {float:right;
          display:block;
          left:1410px;
          padding:0;
          position: absolute;
          top: 210px;
          z-index:100;}

template-rtl.css
      /* Left Advertising */
      body.rtl #rt-left_adver {float: right;}

/* Right Advertising */
      body.rtl #rt-right_adver {float: left;}

Here are my php/xml codes as well.

templateDetails.xml after line
      <positions>
      <position>left_adver-a</position>
                  <position>left_adver-b</position>
                  <position>left_adver-c</position>
                  <position>left_adver-d</position>
                  <position>left_adver-e</position>
                  <position>left_adver-f</position>
                  <position>right_adver-a</position>
                  <position>right_adver-b</position>
                  <position>right_adver-c</position>
                  <position>right_adver-d</position>
                  <position>right_adver-e</position>
                  <position>right_adver-f</position>
      templateDetails.xml after line
      <param name="layouts" type="gspacer" default="" description="" label=" " glabel="LAYOUTS" />
                  <param name="left_adverPosition" type="positions" default="6,6" label="Left Advertising" description="Left Side Advertising Space. You will need 2 modules active in this position. 1 module with your advertising, and the other module as a custom_html with nothing in it to use for a spacer. Have the Position Size to 6|6">
                      <schemas>1,2,3,4,5,6</schemas>
                      <words>2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10</words>
                  </param>

<param name="right_adverPosition" type="positions" default="6,6" label="Right Advertising" description="Right Side Advertising Space. You will need 2 modules active in this position. 1 module with your advertising, and the other module as a custom_html with nothing in it to use for a spacer. Have the Position Size to 6|6">
                      <schemas>1,2,3,4,5,6</schemas>
                      <words>2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10</words>
                  </param>

index.php after line
                      <div id="rt-body-background">
                          <div class="rt-container">
      <?php /** Begin Left Advertising **/ if ($gantry->countModules('left_adver')) : ?>
                              <div id="rt-left_adver">
                                   <?php echo $gantry->displayModules('left_adver','standard','standard'); ?>
                              </div> 
                              <div class="clear"></div>
                              <?php /** End Left Advertising **/ endif; ?>
                              <?php /** Begin Right Advertising **/ if ($gantry->countModules('right_adver')) : ?>
                              <div id="rt-right_adver">
                                   <?php echo $gantry->displayModules('right_adver','standard','standard'); ?>
                              </div> 
                              <div class="clear"></div>
                              <?php /** End Right Advertising **/ endif; ?>

Joomla 1.5

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
  • Re: Side Module Positions (Tachyon)

Posted 13 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hello,

I honestly hate to be a nag, though I'm a little annoyed at the fact that most my questions go unanswered or uncommented. I try to keep all the "Simple" questions to myself and figure it out without having to ask, this I find is a great way for me to learn new things as well as free up "support teams" from taking their time to answer simple questions that a Google search can do in less then 5 minutes.

As I understand that most my questions may be complex and very time consuming, but this is starting to discourage me from coming here. I love RocketTheme, the entire concept and the fact that your support is outstanding as far as your normal every day hiccup that someone has. As I've been debating highly to upgrade to developer, since I may have a few projects lined up and would like to use RocketTheme as part of them.

If this questions I have above is over most people heads, I would appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction or whom would be the best person to contact. As I said above, I don't like to nag, and you guys here do a fantastic job and I love your work.

Thanks for any response.
      - Fred
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Side Module Positions (Tachyon)

Posted 13 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hi Fubliz,

our main focus is helping when something is not working as expected with the template (out of the box). What you want is a modification of the template. That's ok but not our priority. So it can take longer to get an answer.

We need to see the site :-)

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds