Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

where to start for custom look

• where to start for custom look

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • I am about to give up on the gantry framework, as I have noticed that if using only the simple gantry theme, the customization seems to be limited to changing colors, but not much else. I have been reading in the forums for hours...

I have tried to use several different theme sources to change the way a module looks, for example different box style, etc. What I have a problem with is if the look I want to achieve isn't just a recolor?

Can someone point me to a tutorial that shows exactly how to customize this, along with any other "look" that I want to adjust?

I have created a module look in PS, that I would like to slice up and drop in, but I can't find any way to do this...

Please Help!
    • "Any technology, if sufficiently advanced, is indistinguishable from magic"~Thomas Hejnicki

Be Nice, but truthful!
      I am still learning!
  • Re: where to start for custom look

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • If you are using joomla, you have to give your module a class suffix name and use css to customize your module. I think is the easiest way to do that stuff. It's not about any framework, it's about using css.
    • JeffShinn
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Software Engineer (BS CET/MS CS)

Re: where to start for custom look

Posted 13 years 1 month ago
    • Visumedia is correct.

One of the easiest ways to see what you can do with Gantry is download the free Grunge template which uses the Gantry framework. Use FireBug for FireFox or Google Chrome browsers and analyze the modules for tips on how to style them the way you want. I use Grunge regularly and have styled it to be modern, light and SaaS-like themes easily. It is just really dependent upon your CSS values.

I HIGHLY recommend you use WAMP, XAMPP or another Apache/PHP/MySQL package bundle to easily create a local development environment where you can quickly do these types of analysis and editing. Play around in FireBug by disabling certain styling attributes or changing others, even adding new attributes and seeing what happens.

Good luck and don't blame the framework as I can assure you you have most likely only touched 10% of the tip of the iceberg.

Good luck and keep us updated with any issues you may have.

Jeff
    • When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds