Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Using push-pull for normal modules

• Using push-pull for normal modules

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • Hi guys,

I'm using push-pull on mainbody/sidebar pages which is awesome, and I finally understand it :mrgreen: 8)

Can I also use this on individual modules? For example, I want a module in Showcase A to pull xx and showcase b to pull yy - how would I go about doing this?

Ruth
    • Virya Technologies Ltd.
      Virya Technologies - Suffolk Joomla User Group
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Using push-pull for normal modules

• Why that? push-pull is only good for source-ordering wich means the main-collum with the component is always first in line (tho its diplayed in another position.)
      The module positions a, b, c etc. are all just floated to the left and keep their order b will always follow a etc.
      Perhaps you noticed there is a different mainbody layout in some templates (paradox for example) that has no source ordering (but equal hight collumns).
  • Re: Using push-pull for normal modules

• The reason I was asking is because when I look at my front page (using syndicate with a content-less homepage, module only setup) I need to have (from showcase down to featured) all my modules in the -f position shunted to the right to get rid of the 'overhang' and all my modules in the -a position shunted to the left. If, using firebug, I append the same push/pull that I'm using on the mainbody/sidebar layouts to the relevant grid location (which has 'omega' appended to it?) this works exactly how I need it to.

Hence the question.

I can PM you details so you can view it yourself - I have posted several questions on the syndicate forum regarding various issues I've been coming up against with the gantry framework.

Ruth
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Using push-pull for normal modules

• Re: Using push-pull for normal modules

• Actually I got around it my creating my own div's - e.g. div class=bannermargins or div class=showcasemargins and wrapped the row with them. Then I styled the alpha & omega classes as I only needed to amend the padding for the first and last module.

The problem I was having is because of the use of left & right padding. It meant that all the modules were being indented by 10px because the alpha and omega (first and last) modules had 10px padding to the left and right respectively. I simply overrode this in the CSS - it seems to be working :shock: :shock:

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds