Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry Framework Does Not Work

• Gantry Framework Does Not Work

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • I have installed the gantry framework using the "Gantry Template for Joomla 1.5 3.1.8 bundle". I then installed the Panacea Template (standalone). I have enabled the gantry plugin/component e.g. system Gantry.

When i open the Panacea template via the template manager function in Joomla i find that i cannot utilise the gantry functions such as the sliders or colour chooser.

Note - the file /templates/rt_panacea_j15/params.ini is writable! and also the diagnostic status is green.

Can someone help??

Andy
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Gantry Framework Does Not Work

• Why do people so love to write posts with inflammatory subjects?

Gantry clearly "works" and is being used successfully by thousands of people every day.

Attention grabbing? I dunno, please don't do it in the future, please use an accurate subject such as:

"Cannot get Panacea and Gantry installs to play nicely together" or
      "Trouble with Panacea admin when installing stand-alone template"

Also FYI, this probably is best put in the Panacea forum but for now we'll deal with it here as it maybe related to your general setup.

1) You should not need to enable anything after you install the 'bundle'. The bundle uses a custom installer that installs the template, framework, plugin and enables the plugin (although this is not required to function)

2) Does the gantry core template work? Do you have anything else installed? 3rd party plugins etc?

3) Try installing this bookmarklet and make sure you don't have a bunch of conflicting frameworks running: nouincolor.com/wtframework/2.0/ Gantry should be using MooTools 1.3 in the admin side.
    • JessieB
    • Marketing Coordinator/Admin. Assistant

• I'm having the same issue and it doesn't matter what template I use. I've tried to install and use Hybrid, Zephyr and Panacea. None have worked. I've installed the template, gantry and the "extras" (rokmods). I've checked my website with wtframework, and it's running mootools 1.2.4. Where would I get 1.3?
  • Re: Gantry Framework Does Not Work

• Andy, your comment on the subject is a fair point and I've noted this for future postings.

I have gone back into the Gantry Framework forum and found a thread from Kat05 on troubleshooting tips. It suggests going into my Joomla Global Configuration settings and making the following changes:-

- Set error reporting to maximum (found under 'server' tab)
      - Set Debug system to Yes (found under 'system' tab of global configuration)
      - Set Debug language to Yes (found under 'system' tab of global configuation)

By making these change the toggle, colour chooser and sliders become functional. However i am unable to save any adjustments i make.

I have checked my system requirements and i meet these.

I have the following 3rd party add-ons that as Andy suggests might be affecting the full functionality i.e. RSFirewall, RSFiles, JEvents, Akeeba backup.

Can anyone help??
    • AndyBo
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi all,

if anyone would like to send me their link and super admin details, i could check your installs as well.

andy bo, i just replied to your other topic.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• JessieB wrote:
      I'm having the same issue and it doesn't matter what template I use. I've tried to install and use Hybrid, Zephyr and Panacea. None have worked. I've installed the template, gantry and the "extras" (rokmods). I've checked my website with wtframework, and it's running mootools 1.2.4. Where would I get 1.3?
      hi jessie,

thank you for the details.

when i check the quasar template i get the following error:

Error: $ES is not defined
      Source File: .../administrator/templates/khepri/js/menu.js
      Line: 22

if i disable the admin bar unlocker plugin, then the templates seem to be working fine.

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Andy Robertson wrote:
      I have installed the gantry framework using the "Gantry Template for Joomla 1.5 3.1.8 bundle". I then installed the Panacea Template (standalone). I have enabled the gantry plugin/component e.g. system Gantry.

When i open the Panacea template via the template manager function in Joomla i find that i cannot utilise the gantry functions such as the sliders or colour chooser.

Note - the file /templates/rt_panacea_j15/params.ini is writable! and also the diagnostic status is green.

Can someone help??

Andy
      hi andy,

thank you for the details.

when i check your panacea template parameters, i also see the following error that you mentioned:

Error: this.overlay.effect is not a function
      Source File: .../media/system/js/modal.js
      Line: 117

not entirely sure what is causing this error, but i strongly suggest that you check with your host why they have set open_basedir restrictions as this also seems to be causing some permissions issues on your install as mentioned in my troubleshooting post.

i'll keep looking around on your install to see if i find anything else.

EDIT: please also update joomla to the latest version and try a fresh panacea rocketlauncher in a subdirectory on the same server, so we can check if this is a server related issue or an issue caused by any of your 3rd party extensions.
    • JessieB
    • Marketing Coordinator/Admin. Assistant

• Wow, Kat thanks so much! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking a look for me. I can't believe it was so easy a fix. Thanks a million times!
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• JessieB wrote:
      Wow, Kat thanks so much! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking a look for me. I can't believe it was so easy a fix. Thanks a million times!
      you're welcome, glad i could help. :)

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds