Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 3.1.6 prevents changing of template style in Omnicron

• jaybee
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Gantry 3.1.6 prevents changing of template style in Omnicron

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • Hi,

I've recently installed Gantry 3.1.6 on an fresh Omnicron 1.5.2 installation and as a result, I am unable to change the Template Style Preset in the Presets menu of the Template Manager.

Unfortunately I did not take the time to write down the error message that is displayed. Considering 3.1.6 was fairly new, I merely re-installed Gantry 3.1.5 which resolved the problem.

Regards,
      JayBEE
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Gantry 3.1.6 prevents changing of template style in Omnicron

• Hi,

I tried to duplicate your issue but I have upgraded my omnicron test site to gantry 3.1.6 and have no prolblem changing preset styles. Perhaps this is a server config issue. Do you have the FTP layer enabled or disabled on your site? Also what is the permissions level for "templates/rt_omnicron_j15/params.ini" ?
    • jaybee
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hmm.. looks like I was lucky. :) It's good to hear that it is working for you. Maybe it is a server config issue but not sure what that would be right now as everything else appears to be working fine so far. The FTP layer is disabled. The Template Manager is reporting that params.ini file is unwritable, although it does not prevent me from making changes. Perhaps this is a clue to the problem?
  • Re: Gantry 3.1.6 prevents changing of template style in Omnicron

• I'm having an issue as well. I just uploaded a fresh install of Omin via rocketlauncher and everything worked fairly well, until I went to the template manager. All it displayed was text about "Details, Menu Assignments and Params". It stated "params.ini" was unwritable. I fixed the permissions. Now it states that "params.ini" IS writable but still it's just text. I'm unable to view the Gantry menu or modify any settings. It literally gives me (and shows) no visible options.

67.210.110.248/issue.jpg
    • Thanks.
      Senior Multimedia Designer
      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Re: Gantry 3.1.6 prevents changing of template style in Omnicron

• Sorry, but how to install the update to 3.1.6?

I have downloaded the Update file but i can't install it over the install routine.
      How to update this.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Christoph Ahler wrote:
      Sorry, but how to install the update to 3.1.6?

I have downloaded the Update file but i can't install it over the install routine.
      How to update this.
      You can install it right over the existing Ganty framework. No need to uninstall. just make sure the file you are installing on an existing Gantry site (version 3+) is the "framework" file.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds