Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Upgrade to 3.1.5 error

• Upgrade to 3.1.5 error

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • Hello, I'm using Quantive Joomla template with Gantry vers.3.0.12.
      Now I have a message to available update to 3.1.5: I downloaded it and try to install as a normal module, but I receive the following error message:
                * It was not possible to copy the selected file.
                * JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /srv/www/htdocs/milestonemedsrl.com/histopathology/tmp/install_4cf8b1eaee4eb/./CHANGELOG.php to /srv/www/htdocs/milestonemedsrl.com/histopathology/components/com_gantry/CHANGELOG.php

What can I do to solve the problem?
      Thank you in advance.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Upgrade to 3.1.5 error

• RTL

• I'm also getting an error when trying to install Gantry Framework 3.1.5
            * •It was not possible to copy the selected file.•
              * JInstaller::install: •Failed to copy file: /var/www/testlabs/tmp/install_4d018348c6404/./CHANGELOG.php to /var/www/testlabs/components/com_gantry/CHANGELOG.php•

I tried to install and then reinstall Gantry, without success. Since this is a fresh install, I deleted the entire directory and reinstalled with the Rocket launcher, and made all directories and files writable.

Since Gantry 3.1.5 is not included with the Pancea Rocket launcher, can I safely assume it is not needed?
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

if your site works fine with an older version of gantry, then there is no need for an update.

anyways, the above error should not appear, which version did you use before you attempted the update? i will try to replicate this error locally.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • RTL

• [SOLVED] If there are no compelling reasons to upgrade Gantry, I'll use what is in the rocketlauncher for Panacea, thanks. My thinking was just that I should update everything before beginning to modify the site.

I'm starting with a fresh install on an Ubuntu 10.10 server, using the current Panacea rocketlauncher, which includes Gantry 3.1.4.

Edited to add: Having been doing a lot of fresh reinstalls to try and get this server up and running correctly. Have a separate full demo server and planned to install a blank Pancea slate on this one. But apparently I used the Rocket Launcher with the "no data" option, which causes problems. Reinstalled Joomla and then Panacea/Gantry and had no problems upgrading Gantry to 3.1.5.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• sweet! :)
    • Krazza
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Kat05 wrote:
      hi there,

if your site works fine with an older version of gantry, then there is no need for an update.

Ok second time trying to comment on the above, when does the above statement apply?
    • Black & White must be making a come back
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Krazza wrote:
      Kat05 wrote:
      hi there,

Ok second time trying to comment on the above, when does the above statement apply?
      hi,

sorry i don't understand your question. :oops:
    • Krazza
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Well, often we (not meaning to include all RT members) are informed to upgrade templates, components and plugins, but here you are suggesting gantry doesnt need to be upgraded if it is 'working fine'.....

So I am asking when and when not, should the gantry framework be upgraded...?....your comment suggest 'only if it doesnt work'....
    • Black & White must be making a come back
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

as long as you have no issues you do not necessarily need to update unless it is a security update or if you want to take advantage of any newly added features.

if you do have issues, we suggest an update to the latest versions, as debugging on an older version does not really make sense because the issue mentioned may have been fixed in the latest version.

this applies to gantry, templates and extensions.
      joomla itself should always be the latest version.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds