Welcome Guest! Login
1 items / $24.00 Checkout

2 Gantry/CSS Questions

• 2 Gantry/CSS Questions

Posted 12 years 8 months ago
    • Gantry Framework + Gantry Theme + latest WP

1. "letter-spacing" for h1 and h2 in the Custom CSS box is not affecting a change, while "font-variant" and other styles are working here just fine. Is letter-spacing being over-ridden somewhere else?

2. I want to customize or remove the background color of the sidebar, which is displaying all widgets on a boring grey background. There is no customization for Sidebar Color in the Gantry Settings page. Where should this be done, or, if in Custom CSS, what is the correct tag?

Thx
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: 2 Gantry/CSS Questions

Posted 12 years 8 months ago
    • Can you please provide a link to your site, I need to see your code to offer solutions.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
  • Re: 2 Gantry/CSS Questions

Posted 12 years 7 months ago
    • Cliff, Sorry my response took so long. I forgot to request notification in the original post.

Site is: fourstrings.com/wp/
  • Re: 2 Gantry/CSS Questions

• C'mon guys - 2 weeks, no response?

UPDATE:

I tried declaring h1 and h2 letter-spacing in style.css with the file editor, to no effect whatsoever.

I CAN affect letter-spacing using inline-styles on individual page html BUT this doesn't do anything for the sidebar headers of course, which is my real issue at this point.
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: 2 Gantry/CSS Questions

• Hey there, your link reply must have slipped through my inbox. Sorry for the delay.

On the letter spacing, your inline style is working so any changes you make in the style sheets will not have an effect. I was able to change it in my web inspector, I think you're using such a low number 0.5, you can't see it. I changed it to 6 and definitely saw a difference.

To remove the sidebar color, go to line 14 in your style1.css - you can change or remove the hex color there. Hope that helps.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds