Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

God, the second I renew my membership things go bad for me!

• OlindaCat
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Golf guide publisher.

God, the second I renew my membership things go bad for me!

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • I have never had much luck with Rocketthemes, although I know many have. I just renewed my membership, downloaded the rt_hybrid theme Rocketlaunchers, extracted that in my server folder, went through the process of having WP 'see' my database, and then activated the theme. That's when all Hell broke loose and I got a never-ending stream of Warning messages, like:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_9f7a890c826e3aaabdcb1ed7a7a6247f, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/dunesatm/public_html/2011/wp-content/plugins/gantry/functions.php on line 135

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/dunesatm/public_html/2011/wp-content/plugins/gantry/functions.php:135) in /home/dunesatm/public_html/2011/wp-content/plugins/gantry/functions.php on line 135

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dunesatm/public_html/2011/wp-content/plugins/gantry/functions.php:135) in /home/dunesatm/public_html/2011/wp-content/plugins/gantry/gizmos/iphonegradients.php on line 29

They are appearing in places I have never even seen before!!! I have searched this forum to no avail and feel like a total idiot.

The link to the site is:

vps6036.inmotionhosting.com/~dunesatm/2011/

If anyone can help, the login is either: dunesatm_admin or just admin and password is: ***** (edited for security by David Goode)

Sorry but this is a recurring theme for me.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: God, the second I renew my membership things go bad for me!

• Hi there,

Just logged in and not seeing these problems.

I notice the site is empty so I would have thought it would have been best to set up the RocketLauncher so you could see the content and how it was set up.

I have added the logo widget and menu widget (even though you have no menu set up) and they display.

I am editing your post to remove the login details for security purposes 8)

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • OlindaCat
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Golf guide publisher.

• David, I just rebooted Firefox and now nothing is an issue. I have been in my cPanel changing permissions like crazy hoping maybe that would fix things. I did install Rocketlauncher, as per my OP, but I don't see the content. Can you explain what I'm doing wrong? (I wanted to see what was where so I could figure out how to populate my own....) Thanks for getting back so fast!

John
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi John,

Could it be that you installed the theme and gantry instead of the RocketLauncher?

Normally this would be the route to take...
      Download the Hybrid RocketLauncher Package (rt_hybrid_wp_rocketlauncher.zip) from the Hybrid theme downloads section
      Unzip the zip packaged onto your computer to reveal the rt_hybrid_wp_rocketlauncher folder
      Upload this to your site using your FTP client
      Direct your browser to the installation such as www.yoursite.com/rt_hybrid_wp_rocketlauncher or to whatever directory your uploaded to
      Follow the standard WordPress installation, after which the theme and gantry framework will automatically be activated, along with the sample content.
      I did one install the other day with no problem. If you get stuck let me know and I will see if I can help further.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • OlindaCat
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Golf guide publisher.

• Thanks, David. I got it figured out. Really appreiciate your help. John

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds