Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Article Custom Fields in Particle

• Article Custom Fields in Particle

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago
    • Not sure where to ask this - how would one get the content of the articles' (being dispayed as gallery of sorts) custom fields and display them in a particle? This is easy enough to do with a custom article or blog layout, but I"ve not not been able to do it in a particle. I don't know if I'm just using the wrong finder or if can even be done. Any advice?
    • Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Aaron Morrison. Reason: Corrected wording.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Article Custom Fields in Particle

• Joomla's Article's Custom Fields are not readily available in any of the standard, or various template, Particles that fetch CMS content... mainly because Gantry is CMS Agnostic and Particle functionality is kept to the basic fields available in all CMS's like title, featured image, date, category, etc.

If you look at the Content Array TWIG in nucleus (\media\gantry5\engines\nucleus\particles\contentarray.html.twig) or any of the various template particles that can pull in CMS content you'll see the custom joomla.finder() TWIG function that's been written for Gantry... that'd be the best place to start... you can use the dump ( twig.symfony.com/doc/2.x/functions/dump.html ) function to look at all the data it returns and see if there's any custom field data in there.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Article Custom Fields in Particle

• Thank you Matt :) I'll do that.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds