Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 4 & change to IE10's responsive behaviour

• Gantry 4 & change to IE10's responsive behaviour

Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    • Please help, I’ve noticed that a difference in the Gantry 4 behaviour in Internet Explorer 10. It no longer displays the default responsive stylesheet that it would in any other browser such as Firefox or Chrome.

Has something changed within Gantry 4 within the last 4 months-ish to cause this?

If you compare for example clinical-partners.co.uk/ (2015) to harrow.gov.uk/childrens_services/ (2016)you will see this in affect. Both using Gantry 4, although the later (newer) website doesn’t use a 1200px grid and instead reverts back to the 960px grid, picking up the ie8 stylesheet on the way.

I’ve tried all filename variations to try and pickup a ie10 override stylestheet where I could easily put in some overrides – all to no avail.

Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 4 & change to IE10's responsive behaviour

• I suspect you are in "compatibility" mode in IE (intranets default to this too) check if your are.

Also your Gantry template and Gantry versions are out of date so it's worth updating them to the latest versions (backup first).

Nothing significant has changed in the last 4 months with Gantry other than some php7 compatibility fixes.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Gantry 4 & change to IE10's responsive behaviour

• Thanks for your reply.

No, I don't think I am in Compatibility Mode. There's neither the indicator in the URL bar, or in the Developer Tools.

It's not the latest version, but I have updated both locally on a seperate version and it didnt fix the issue.

Can we confirm the correct syntax for the css overide?

gantry-custom-ie10.css ?
      master-ie10.css ?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok I have confirmed that using IE11 in IE10 emulation mode (are you using real IE10?). I will raise a bug ticket for this but I don't think anything has been changed in this area recently.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks Mark,

You've replicated the issue? That's reassuring to hear.

Yes, I am on a genuine IE10...
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes replicated. As this may take some time to fix... If you can I would upgrade your browser.

Regards, Mark.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by MrT.

• Of course, I won't be using IE10 for anything other than testing!

Is the link you published for my attention? I couldnt log into it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No it's a link to our internal tracker that you won't be able to see.

Regards, Mark.

• Hello. Do we have a rough idea on what you think your timeframes are likely to be on this one?

Or failing that is there anything in the short-term I can do to bypass this issue. I love Gantry but it's having causing a number of issues for some of our clients.

Thanks
      Rob

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds