Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry v4.1.31 not compatible with Windows Phone

• Re: Gantry v4.1.31 not compatible with Windows Phone

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • The demos for both Wordpress and Joomla work fine on my phone. Perhaps they have not been updated to the latest version of Gantry? When I uninstall the latest version and reinstall Gantry 4.1.30 all looks good, but then that's just going backwards isn't it.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Gantry v4.1.31 not compatible with Windows Phone

• I was able to replicate this issue. It seems to only be effecting IE 11. I'm unsure if it's related to Cygnet or Ganty but from what you're describing, and my own experience, it sounds like Gantry. I'll open a ticket for our devs to investigate further.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Matt, moderators and administrators
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• Hi Matt,
      It's definitely Gantry. I spent some time this evening using "process of eliminatation" to locate the problem page(s). I have narrowed it down to some code related to Windows Phone in gantrybrowser.class.php.

Replace this page:
      libraries/gantry/core/gantrybrowser.class.php

with the same page in Gantry v4.1.30.

After replacing the old version of the page, the "burger button" appears normally on my Windows Phone.
    • The following users have thanked you: Matt

• Thank You @RedRum. Same problem and replace helped me too! Fix it RT devs! ;)
    • Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Stanisław.

• I very much doubt the devs will apply a permenent fix to this as it seems they are removing support for older windows phones.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• It's broken with IE 11 in general though... even on Desktops... most people aren't gonna have their browser that small on a desktop, but still, I'm pretty sure they'll fix it ;)

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • I should think on desktops most people will be using Firefox anyway. The problem, as I see it, is that Microsoft have decided not to upgrade some of their models to Windows 10 like my 1020, because they got feedback from users saying they wouldn't reccommend them to new users. Likely, it was the crappy IE browser they weren't recommending. That said, RT's members have already made thousands of websites using Gantry 4 and now they no longer work with these Windows phones. On inspection of that php page it appears a small chunk of code replaced IE support with Microsoft Office.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • I'm glad the code is available here for folks to patch, or roll back to 4.1.30 ~ we do need to fix this IMHO. But you're right, it's a small share of users and it's complicated by MS's own actions... I'm a MS fanboy, I'm one of the few (only?) people I know with a Windows phone... I want to love it, there's things about it I do love, but Win10Phone is buggy for sure... the browser is MUCH better (IE Edge) but the OS itself isn't nearly as stable as 8.1 update 2 was...

windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-supported-phones ~ yeah, no 1020

You can get brand new 640s on eBay though for like $50

anyways... give the boys a chance to get Gantry 5.3 into the wild (major release) and I'm sure this will get addressed in an updated version of G4
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Matt.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds