Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry doesn't safe (heder) position in layout.

• SOLVED Gantry doesn't safe (heder) position in layout.

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Hello,

i've just started to create a website using the Miriad template for joomla. now im trying to create 3 positions and fix them, but every time i choose "Safe & Close" or refresh the page no changes are made.

i think i've tried everyting i could think of.

the problem doesnt seem to effect other changes, just changes made in the "layouts" section.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry doesn't safe (heder) position in layout.

• You don't set the number of positions in template manager - that is merely a toggle so that you can see the different layouts. So it's not relevant what number it's on when you return to template manager. The number of positions is determined by how many modules are actually published.

A lot of members struggle to understand how Gantry positions work - but our MOD DanG has written this brilliant tutorial to explain it... http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-framework/189390

Of course you should also look at the Gantry documentation too which can be found at http://gantry-framework.org .

If you need more help - Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you. Tell me in more detail what you are trying to achieve.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry doesn't safe (heder) position in layout.

• First of all thank you for your quick response.

the explainations in DanG's topic are clear to me aswell are the gantry manuals. my problem seems to be when i want to "Force" module positions in my header section on my website.

i want to leave the "a"section empty and display the menu in het "b" section and he language switcher in the "c" section.

thank you again for your help.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry doesn't safe (heder) position in layout.

• Login details do not appear to work - please check.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry doesn't safe (heder) position in layout.

• the problem seemed to be the multilangual content. I removed the multilangual and now everything works fine.

thanx for the effort anyway.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds