Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry is very arcane for me

• eggpap

Gantry is very arcane for me

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • Hello,

I have installed Joomla by the RocketLaucher zip file and I don't understand why I am not able to create an article and to place it in a specific position or to see it by a menu item. I also don't understand why some items in the Main menu of the homepage of the sample site, don't link to the article they are connected to and I get the error "No input file specified." The only think I'm able to do is the creation of a new HTMLcustom module and to place it where I like.

Emiliano
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Gantry is very arcane for me

• you've NEVER been able to assign articles to positions in Joomla... they load where other Component Content loads... Gantry calls that space the "Mainbody"

you should get the FULL working demo site with the RocketLauncher unless there was an error with your install.

Have you used Joomla before?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • eggpap

• Thanks for your tip,

I have a many years old Joomla 1.5 site and I am very confortable with it. Now I have been alerted by the server provider that hackers have inserted malicious code in some files, so I have been invited to remake the entire site, hence I am re-developing it on a new test server on a joomla 3.x installed by the RocketLauncher.zip dowloaded from the Gantry site. Howevere I have many difficulties to proceed and I wonder if buying a rocktheme template could help.

Where I find the correct RocketLauncher.zip file?
      After the installation with it, Is it advisable to upgrade to Joomla 3.3.6?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You only have access to the rocketlauncher zip files once you are a currently subscribed member. There are several different subscription types, e.g. you can just subscribe for a single template or mutliple templates.

I don't know where you got the rocketlauncher zip file that you have installed - but if it's an old J1.5 one it won't work on J3. You need to latest rocketlauncher to build a J3 site.

As Matt says - articles has always been shown as a component - components are always shown in the mainbody. There are extensions available the enable you to put articles elsewhere but to start with I recommend that you stick to the Joomla basics until you are familiar with J3.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • eggpap

• I got a free copy of RocketLauncher here . I think to have understood that I'ld be able to download a RL without errors if I pay for a member subscription. Is it right?
      Thanks, but I'm afraid to have the same problems I have now, I have read some notes for the configuration/customization and stylization of Gantry on the same pages, but them are very criptic for me. I have the sensation that Joomla 3.x has become reserved to very expert people.
      However I'ld like to improve my knowlegment expanding it to HTML5 and CSS languages, but I'nt know from where to start. I think none is born expert.

In J1.5 I used an Artisteer template. Maybe I have been able to complete my site thanks to it. I hope to have some support on the product I am going to buy from you.

Regards,
      Emiliano Paperetti
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry then, I misunderstood you. That is the correct place to download a rocketlauncher copy of gantry with the "gantry" template (which is free). Our subscribed member templates are obviously more sophisticated than the basic "gantry" template but if you only need the basics then the "gantry" template is more than adequate.

The jump from joomla 1.5 to joomla 3 can be a bit daunting to start with but it really is much easier now. It's not aimed as "experts" many members are able to put a site together without much difficulty. I encourage you to look at the many tutorials on the net for how to get started with Joomla 3 and of course our documentation both on our gantry site and this site.

When you are a subscribed member you will have access to our support forum(s) for the template(s) that you take out your subscription for. Rt prides itself on our high level of custom support so if you have any questions just create a topic in the appropriate forum and we'll be happy to assist you. Please keep you topics to one question (or very closely related questions) though.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds