Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Merging elements from other templates

• Merging elements from other templates

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • Hi,

I have developed a simple looking site for a school based directly on the default gantry template. I have styled some components and 3rd party extensions and things are moving on quite nicely.
      I wanted to use the feature from the hybrid template that allows for an open and close panel published in the feaure position.

So if I am correct in my thinking, I should be able to get the JS from the features dir of Hybrid, copy the feature div code into the gantry index.php and then add both the css and the feature to the ini and xml files. Is this the right path?
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: Merging elements from other templates

• Hi, you're on the right track for sure. You'll just need to track down every piece of code related to that in the original template and set it all up in your Gantry template. The files you listed are a good place to start, see where it gets you. There might be more to it but it's hard to say without dissecting the template code. There really is no other way than to try and piece it together. Good luck.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
  • Re: Merging elements from other templates

• I have actually managed to crack it!
      It wasn't too bad, there is some fiddling and I had to add in my own wrapper divs to keep things where I wanted them but in essence it works how I want it to. The gantry framework docs helped.
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: Merging elements from other templates

• Right on. I've done a lot of this type of thing and you just never know until you get into it. Glad it worked out for you.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds