Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

roksprocket Uncaught exception: Call to undefined method WP_Translations

• Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

roksprocket Uncaught exception: Call to undefined method WP_Translations

Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago
    • Today the ochs.band website did not display properly and it is due to Roksprocket.

When enabled, it does not display the page properly and it shows this message: Uncaught exception: Call to undefined method WP_Translations::translate_entry()

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

When I disable Roksprocket, the page displays but without the Roksprocet widgets.

When I enable Roksprocket and view the Inspect > Console, it shows this deprecation error:

When I click the link on that warning, it displays this:

In addition, I could not access the admin page when it was enabled. I had to use the recovery mode to access the admin page.

I downloaded and reinstalled both RokSprocket and RokCommon (same versions on both) but, no luck, as I encountered the same issues.

As these plug-ins have not changed since Version 2.1.28 - 2020-04-01, is it possible that there is deprecated code in these plugins?

Any idea on what I can do to fix this?
    • Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Luke Douglas.
    • The following users have thanked you: Glen

• Just another old hacker!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: roksprocket Uncaught exception: Call to undefined method WP_Translations

Posted 3 weeks 3 days ago
    • Roksprocket is no longer supported. It only works with PHP 7 and older versions of WordPress

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Glen
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • RocketTheme Rocks!

Posted 2 weeks 6 days ago
    • Any ideas on suitable replacements?
    • Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

Posted 2 weeks 6 days ago
    • My solution was simply to not use Gantry or RocketTheme on any WordPress websites which is all of my client websites.

I completed migrating all client websites from Joomla to WordPress before the upgrade to Joomla 4. After using Joomla since it forked from Mambo in 2005, I can honestly say, I am extremely happy with this decision to standardize on WordPress. Websites perform better, are easier to maintain and clients are very happy with the new look. My workload has been reduced at least 30%.

• Just another old hacker!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 2 weeks 4 days ago
    • The G5 templates all have dedicated Particles that handle all of the functionality that RokSprocket did in G4/J3

This post was made in a WordPress forum so I do not believe Glen was asking about migrating away from Joomla.

I'm still building new WordPress (and Grav) sites with Gantry + RocketTheme templates. As an underlying Framework Gantry makes my life easier in managing custom WordPress Positions, rapid particle/custom development with Twig, and Outlines that allow me templated control over WordPress post types or even programmatic Outline loading via PHP hooks. There's no other base Framework that comes close in my opinion and if I want to use something like WPBakery or Elementor on top of that to give users more GUI friendly controls I can easily do that.

We released updated WordPress themes in February: rockettheme.com/blog/wordpress/281-wordp...hp-8-1-compatibility

We confirmed 5 years ago that RokSprocket would be sunset: rockettheme.com/blog/joomla/277-looking-...-joomla-4-and-beyond

And 3 years ago: rockettheme.com/blog/joomla/279-rocketth...update-joomla-4-more

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds