Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Novus blank space with extensions

• lyj_e1

Novus blank space with extensions

Posted 15 years 2 months ago
    • Hi,

Installed Novus template on 1.5.9 Joomla fresh install. I've installed the Docman and expose flash gallery modules. However when I go to these two pages on the frontend I get a large white blank space between the top of the module and the body of these modules. e.g. Docman, the large vertical blank space is between the icons on the top and where the select a category starts. All other modules work fine.

Please can someone point out where I need to look in the CSS to amend this?

Thanks in advance,

Lyj
    • Only the paranoid survive!
  • Re: Novus blank space with extensions

Posted 15 years 2 weeks ago
    • I have the same issue with phil taylors blue flame form component. I searched for 'novus' in this forum and found this post and others with similar white space using virtuemart. I tried some of their fixes - adding stuff to the css and putting tables around the mainbody content in the index.php file. Could not get any to fix. I've been testing with firefox. I will keep looking, please let me know.

If anyone else reading this post has a clue, please let us know your ideas on this.

~DChamp~
  • Re: Novus blank space with extensions

Posted 14 years 11 months ago
    • Replace the following code in the index.php or through the edit html button:
      <jdoc:include type="message" />
      <jdoc:include type="component" />

with the following code:
      <table width=100%><tr><td>                                                  <jdoc:include type="message" />
      <jdoc:include type="component" />
      </td></tr></table>
      That will get rid of the spacing problem. Also, this only seems to happen with module publish to left or right. Unpublishing the modules in those positions should render the same solution but that is not always possible.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds