Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokWebify - and Transmenu2 (divider image problem)

• slimtim
    • Jr. Rocketeer

RokWebify - and Transmenu2 (divider image problem)

Posted 15 years 5 months ago
    • Before installing the 3rd party menu module i could still see the divider image between the buttons in the top menu in RokWebify. After installation there was no divider image, nor the white border thas is default when installing the module. Here is the explanation from the white border tutorial for this:

This alteration serves 2 purposes. The first is to remove the white border which does not blend with the menu bar's green background by replacing the border-right with the colour used by the divider image in the default menu. The latter, is it adds a second border to the left which completes the mimicing effect from the default menu. With this, a user would not be able to tell a difference in your menu.

The 1px denotes the width of the border, therefore, increasing the number will produce a thicker divider. Solid represents the style of the border, you can also have dotted, dashed and a range of others. #FFF illustrates the colour of the border, the colours are in HEX code format so change accordingly.

http://tutorials.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates/rokwebify-tutorials/3rd-party-menus.html

After all necessary modification, from the tutorial, i can still not see the 2 borders .... ( see pics BEFORE (no transmenu) and AFTER (transmenu 2.0))

Some suggestions what to do? ??? ::) ???

Br // Slim
  • Re: RokWebify - and Transmenu2 (divider image problem)

• Could you please provide a link to your site, and if applicable, a direct URL to the issue?
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • slimtim
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: RokWebify - and Transmenu2 (divider image problem)

• James S! wrote:
      Could you please provide a link to your site, and if applicable, a direct URL to the issue?

www.alltomdagis.se

Well, as you can see it is the menu that is visible on every page that is the problem. I have made mods and the source image png is not the same as the original though.

The other problem is the transmenu that is used in virtuemart, i can't use that, if both are enabled the Virtuemart transmenu cuts the page right were it should be visible, and beneath that the page is blank (not useable) Is there any solution to this problem 2?

And I have another question, is there a possibility to have another text colour on the "TOP" filed (field to the right, next to the main logo of the site), then the rest of the site. I Like to have it white and the rest of the site should be black.

Many thanks // Slim

• 1. Add to template_css.css

#horiz-menu a { background: url(../images/horiz-div.png) 100% 50%; }

That will load your divider image.

2. Could you please attach (using Additional Options -> Attach) a screenshot of the issue you are facing (and if applicable), provide annotations?

3. Add to template_css.css

#top a { color: #fff; }
    • slimtim
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• James S! wrote:
      1. Add to template_css.css

#horiz-menu a { background: url(../images/horiz-div.png) 100% 50%; }

That will load your divider image.

2. Could you please attach (using Additional Options -> Attach) a screenshot of the issue you are facing (and if applicable), provide annotations?

3. Add to template_css.css

1. I added the following

#horiz-menu a {
      background: url(../images/menu-divider.png) 100% 50%;
      background-repeat: no-repeat;

This made the divider visible but not in the hover effect, the picture for the hover effect is the ontop of the divider, and the divider is then not visible.

2. Will come to that as soon no 1. problem is solved.

3. SOLVED, as you suggested.

// Thanks

• What CSS modifications have you made since I last viewed, seems to be rather...messed up at present?
    • slimtim
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Messed up, he he ... depends how you see it :)
      See attachment:

4. Also if you go to top menu "Länkar" and use the drop down "Länkar2" and click there, if you remove the pointer from the menu (before the new page is loaded), the bottom part of the template is displayed at the right of the template. But if you just hover on the top menu again the thing drops down were it should be. (The "thing" i am talking about is where usually the rockettheme logo with the mirror effect is located). Probably something to do with the same file "template_css.css".
      Mods i think i did only the things you suggested...

and added this ..

#horiz-menu a {
      background: url(../images/menu-divider.png) 100% 50%;
      background-repeat: no-repeat;

The later is not activated it is quoted out.

// Thanks // Slim !
    • Last Edit: 15 years 5 months ago by slimtim.
    • slimtim
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 15 years 4 months ago
    • James S! wrote:
      What CSS modifications have you made since I last viewed, seems to be rather...messed up at present?

Hi Again !

Well I fixed that problem that looked messed up (was not showing in explorer, so I guess you were using Firefox)... back to the problem... how do I get to use both transmenu in virtue mart and on the top menu?

As explained before, when having the top menu transmenu activated and on the same time the virtue mart transmenu activated only the top menu works. And were the virtue mart menu should start the page is empty (only the background of the template is showed)

Of what I can understand you want me to show you the problem, but this page is online so maybe I can show you on another url. (here is a duplication, but on an other url, notice that if you press some of the butons the yake you to the real site)

[new pics attached]

What exactly do you need to be able to come to some conclusion or possible solution?

ho ho ho ... m - x - mas // Slim
    • Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Kat05.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds