Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Novus Template Error

• Novus Template Error

Posted 15 years 9 months ago
    • Hello,

I'm not sure which forum to post this in since its one of RocketTheme's free templates.

When this page is viewed in IE 7 I get a javascript error which can be seen on the site. This error is not there when viewed on FireFox. Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this?

www.salinacee.com/

Thanks!
  • Re: Novus Template Error

• What does this error message say?
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

• The error is:

Error: 'document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object

• Could you attach your index.php file?

Posted 15 years 8 months ago
    • Was there any resolution to this? I've attached my index.php as I didn't see the other one posted. ..

I'm running into the same issue. Check out the goods at: www.familypsychsolutions.com
    • Google Analytics Certified Individual.

Posted 15 years 8 months ago
    • Change
          <?php if (isIe6()) :?>
          <!--[if lte IE 6]>
          <link href="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/css/template_ie6.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
          <?php if($iepng_fix == "true") : ?>
          <style type="text/css">
          img { behavior: url(<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/css/iepngfix.htc); } 
          </style>
          <?php endif; ?>
          <![endif]-->
          <?php endif; ?>
          <?php if($mtype=="splitmenu") :
              echo "<!--[if IE]>\n";      
          &nbsp; include_once( "$mosConfig_absolute_path/templates/" . $mainframe->getTemplate() . "/js/ie_splitmenu.js" );
          &nbsp; echo "<![endif]-->\n";
          endif; ?>   

To
      <?php if (isIe6()) :?>
          <!--[if lte IE 6]>
          <link href="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/css/template_ie6.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
          <?php if($mtype=="splitmenu") : ?>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/ie_splitmenu.js"></script>
          <?php endif; ?>
          <style type="text/css">
          img { behavior: url(<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/css/iepngfix.htc); } 
          </style>
          <?php endif; ?>
          <![endif]-->
          <?php endif; ?>

Posted 15 years 4 months ago
    • That worked, James!

I would suggest you have someone update the free template with this code change as well. Also, as a side note, it'd be nice to have a module layout graphic for the free templates as well!
    • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Posted 15 years 3 months ago
    • James S,

Your JS code fix worked like a charm for me, too.

THANK YOU!

I agree that this code fix should be incorporated into the download for Novus. I downloaded it on Jan 10th, 2009 and had this issue. So, the bug in the code is still there.

Realizing that this is a free template, I would still have to agree with Dan above that it would be helpful to have a module layout graphic as part of the download package. I can't seem to find one or any kind of documentation, either.

Thanks for you help!
    • TechieTW
    • Rocketeer

Re: Novus Template Error

Posted 15 years 2 weeks ago
    • After reviewing the solution for James S, I tried the same for a site I am working on. The problem is that if I use the same solution I get an ERROR 500 blank screen. The site is NOT active and is off line but the error on page load is;
      Line: 29
      Char: 2
      Error: 'document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object
      Code: 0
      URL: <<<< points to the index.php file in the site's root. >>>>

I am assuming the section of code in the template's index.php file (Free Novus Template)
      <!--[if lte IE 6]>
           <?php if($mtype=="splitmenu") : ?>
           <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/ie_splitmenu.js"></script>
           <?php endif; ?>
           <style type="text/css">
           </style>
           <?php endif; ?>
           <![endif]-->
           <?php endif; ?>
           <?php if($mtype=="splitmenu") :
                echo "<!--[if IE]>\n";       
             require( YOURBASEPATH.DS."js/ie_splitmenu.js");
             echo "<![endif]-->\n";
           endif; ?>

Can anyone help me identify what needs to be edited in the code?

Thank you in advance. 8)
    • TechieTW
    • Rocketeer

Re: Novus Template Error

Posted 15 years 2 weeks ago
    • Ahh! Definately a no brainer on my part!! To be humbled from time to time is part of life's experiences. Thanks for teaching me something new!

My source code looked slightly different which caused confusion on my part, but after reviewing what I had and what was needing to be replaced, the light came on! :oops:

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds