Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

New – multiple index.php in hivemind urls

• New – multiple index.php in hivemind urls

Posted 15 years 10 months ago
    • Since upgrading to Joomla 1.5.2 I am now getting urls with up to 11 index.php in the urls ie.

php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=69</loc>

I am using hivemind with the font changer on. Could someone please advise as how to fix this, my 20 page website has a site map of over 500 pages!

Regards,
      Janet
  • Re: New – multiple index.php in hivemind urls

• That is really really really odd, have you tried upgrading to Joomla 1.5.3?
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
  • Re: New – multiple index.php in hivemind urls

• Hello James,
      Sorry for the delayed response, but I was getting hammered and couldn't wait longer for a reply.

I finally managed to fix the problem by doing the following:

1. Turned off the font resizer – I was getting multiple page listings in my site map for each size of font (ie. Article A, Article A-default, Article A-larger etc.)

2. Switched from Split Menu to MooMenu: and I think this made the biggest difference. I'm definitely no expert, but I think that each page that had a split menu on it was being independently listed as a complete site thus the multiple index listings.

This was my first attempt at a website, and I will readily admit I had absolutely no experience with the process before starting. After the problems encountered with upgrading to 1.52 I really didn't feel ready to tackle another upgrade.
      If you have any comments or advice for a complete beginner regarding menu structure they would be appreciated.

Regards,
      Janet
    • faisool
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: New – multiple index.php in hivemind urls

Posted 15 years 7 months ago
    • im facing this problem now in joomla 1.0.15 .. and i think it has something to do with gallery2 and sef .. but im not sure
      ..Janet are u using Gallery2 embedded with joomla ?
      thanks

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds