Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokSprocket List Read More: How do I change the link?

• RokSprocket List Read More: How do I change the link?

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • Currently, the link on my Read More for RokSprocket list opens the link on the same page as the module. In this case, it opens up on the front page at the bottom. I need for the link to go into the site and open on the page as it is in its category/menu etc.

How do I change this default?

thanks in advance!
      Katherine

katphish.net/comb/
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokSprocket List Read More: How do I change the link?

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • This is normal Joomla behaviour for "orphaned" or "menuless" articles. To get around this use the hidden-menu technique.

Create a MENU called "hidden" (no need to create a module to place it anywhere). In the hidden menu, create a MENU ITEM for each of the orphaned articles (single article type) and make sure these menu items are published. Now the hidden menu won't appear on any of your pages, but, the articles will now open in their own page. You can also use the same technique and create a hidden category blog menu item to pick up multiple articles too, thus saving having to create a hidden menu item for every article.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds