Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RokMiniEvent nonworking side-scroll

• SOLVED RokMiniEvent nonworking side-scroll

Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    • Hi!

I'm trying to use RokMiniEvents but can't seem to get the module to slide sideways - i'm trying using timeline and arrows with the same result...

I've added developer Error reporting and the site adress is:
      There are some error messages on the top, but i cant seem to get the hang of them!

Please help!
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED RokMiniEvent nonworking side-scroll

• looks like an issue with "mod_reslider" which isn't an RT Extension...

A google search turned up this: stackoverflow.com/questions/4684454/erro...-be-called-staticall
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: SOLVED RokMiniEvent nonworking side-scroll

• Hi, thanks for answering!

That's not the problem though, I have unpublished that module, which hides the errors.
      (should have seen it myself but just figured something with slider in its name could be the problem ☺)

When I use chrome inspect element and click on another segment in the time line I get error 404 could not find category..
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by anders wiberg.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• so, you unpublish the module and the errors go away... I don't understand then why you say this is still an issue
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• The Errors that showed were not why i looked for help, in my first post i explained wwhat my problem was:
      I'm trying to use RokMiniEvents but can't seem to get the module to slide sideways - i'm trying using timeline and arrows with the same result...

I've read on the forum about that if you want help you should turn your Error detection on maximum, thats when i noticed the errors, the Reslider module actually works fine with the errors.. I unpublished Reslider to hide any Error messages belonging to that extension.

The module i was looking for help with is still the RokMiniEvents that wont slide sideways, it is placed on the bottom of the page, i just wanted to show that the errors had nothing to do with that module!

Since i run Gantry i thought that RokMiniEvents would work fine but cant seem to get it to scroll sideways to the next number of events...
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• any error can have something to do with anything... if that makes sense :)

So if you have OTHER extensions erroring out it can certainly break R.M.E.

So to be sure, if you disable that slider extension, clear your system cache, clear your browser cache, does RME start sliding?

I'm seeing this error in console currently:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Kunde inte hitta kategorin)

Please verify that this file exists: /modules/mod_rokminievents3/ajax.php

if it does, please verify that the permissions on it, and all of it's parent folders up to root, are good.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.

• The File exists, found it where it should be!

Not sure what you mean when you say :
      if it does, please verify that the permissions on it, and all of it's parent folders up to root, are good.

Is it when i rightclick in Filezilla and select "File permissions"?

the ajax.php has 644
      -parentfolder 755
      --parentfolder 755

Tried to change the ajax.php to 755, but that wouldn't help..

-Also tried clearing cache and that wouldn't help either, actually had this problem from the first time i installed RME, before i installed the reslider module..
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• those are the correct permissions... do the owner/group settings look correct (same as your other files/folders)?

If that all checks out ask your host to pull the Apache logs on anything related to that folder...

• All folders (different modules) and files in these folders have: Owner/Group 554/555

It seems to be the same in all folders, i'll ask for the apache logs... Thats not anything i can find myself is it? Because it's going to be a while until i can get an answer from those guys... :)
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• depends on your hosting setup... you may be able to view it in your cPanel... if there's a "big enough" error you may find an error_log file in your webroot as well that contains useful info
    • Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Matt.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds