Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Newbi needs help getting template installed

• Newbi needs help getting template installed

Posted 15 years 9 months ago
    • Hello I am new to Joomla and was recommended here by someone who I thought was a friend. I was trying to devamp my website and was told how great Joomla was and how easy to use it was (Once it was installed correct), but I so far have seen otherwise. This supposed friend downloaded Joomla 1.5 and installed it into my C-Panel for my website and I went to ... to buy a template for my website under the assumption that is was going to be pretty easy to build my own site. Well I paid the $50 for the template and the guy dissapeared on me who set up my Joomla. So after extensive reading on this site I am still unable to figure out 1. If my Joomla is installed and set up correctly, and 2. how to get my template installed so I can start building my site. I do not know how to do any database or coding stuff and really am a web idiot too. I was told that this was an easy way to do a website once it was set up, so I was writing to see if anyone would PLEASE help me with either advise and/or physically helping me get to the point where I can start using the template to build my site.

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to your reply.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Newbi needs help getting template installed

• 1. To see if Joomla is set up correctly, can you give the url of your site ?

2. Which template do you want to install ?
    • Yves
  • Re: Newbi needs help getting template installed

• I dont know if Joomla was set up right. it looks like it from the tutorials I read, but I didnt set it up, my "supposed" friend that took off did. My URL is http://www.nwpdigital.com.  (The only thing that shows now is an under construction page) and the template I was to install is the "Media Mogul" Template.
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• The best would be to install RocketLauncher package (available in MediaMogul download area).

BROKEN LINKS REMOVED

If it's too difficult for you, you can send me (personal message) your ftp and C-panel data, I can do it for you.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Yves

• Did you receive my PM with all my info requested? When I sent it, it did not give me a message sent notice but the message is in my outbox. Thanks again
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Donald A Hoy wrote:
      Did you receive my PM with all my info requested? When I sent it, it did not give me a message sent notice but the message is in my outbox. Thanks again

Yes, no problem, I'm uploading the files, it takes some time. I will let you know when it's done.
    • Yves

• Thank you sooo much Yves. What was the problem? Did the other guy not install everything? Or did he do it wrong? Either way, thank you again and I will keep my eye out for your reply.
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Your site is up and updated in 1.5.4. The uploaded files were not at the right place...

I send you a PM with access data.
    • Yves

• THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Can you tell me what the DataBase is for? I dont know anything about DataBases. Is this something I will have to use or study up on in order to use Joomla? Also, I will contact you when my site is done in case you want to view it since you helped me out. Thanks again, I appreciate your help. Is it ok if I contact you with any questions I have once I get started?

• And before I start digging around and mess something up, did you just set Joomla up or Joomla and my template? Either way is fine, I was just wondering if I have to install/reinstall my template or if that is already done? Thanks again

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds