Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Security Help

Security Help

Posted 15 years 11 months ago
    • I have two sites (one main and one addon). I have uploaded Joomla using the template rocketlauncher. I have followed all the security steps out lined by Joomla (rename admin, password levels, php settings, etc.)

I have two questions.
      1) I moved the config file outside the public_html for the main no problems. I did the same for the addon but it gives a blank page. Any suggestions.
      2) I ran a joomla diagnostics.php on both and they give me some errors and alot of changed file warnings. Should I be worried at all because I used the launcher and not install joomla then the template?

Thanks for any help. I want to be as secure as possible within reason.

Re: Security Help

Posted 15 years 10 months ago
    • No comments?
  • Re: Security Help

• 1) I moved the config file outside the public_html for the main no problems. I did the same for the addon but it gives a blank page. Any suggestions.

I do this myself except for the addons.

The Rocketlauncher is an exact copy of Joomla + the template. We do not change anything in Joomla to create the launcher package. We add the demo database sql and of course the images/modules the demo has.

I believe if you are taking the steps necessary as outlined on the Joomla forums, then you are doing well. I am just not sure about redirecting your addons, because I have never done that before.
  • Re: Security Help

• Wow, that's actually a pretty good idea about moving the config file outside of the public_html, i've seen a Joomla extention that does this but would rather stay away from using an extention and doing it manually. Do you have a link to where I can read up more information on doing this?
    • Debug Bar - for IE ¦ Firebug - for FireFox

In the end you will only be remembered for what you have done with the time that you have had.

Posted 15 years 9 months ago
    • Has anyone had any luck with moving the config file in an addon?

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds