0 items Join Now

Problem with Contact Forms

• Problem with Contact Forms

Posted 16 years 3 days ago
    • Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Problem with Contact Forms

• Are you looking for an actual contact us form with the fields displayed? If so, change the contact us menu item from "Contact Category Layout," which is what you are displaying now, to "Standard Contact Layout." And make sure you set the contact parameters, too. ;)
  • Re: Problem with Contact Forms

• OK, now I am going to just sound stupid, but I changed it and it got rid of what was there and it is headed in the right direction but how do I set the parameters so that they will show a simple form like the one found here: notyourmamasknives.com/index.php?option=...ntact&id=1&Itemid=27

I have copied the parameters exactly but to no avail. What else am I supposed to edit?
    • Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Problem with Contact Forms

• Components -> Contacts. Once you sent the contact the way you want it, go back to your contact us menu item and make sure it's linked to the contact (under Parameters - Basic and the 'Select Contact' dropdown.

The steps I follow to get a contact us form is:

1.) Create a 'contacts category' (components -> contact -> categories) named contacts.
      2.) Create a contact (components -> contacts -> new) and link it to the admin (if only setting up one contact); set what you want to hide/show/etc.
      3.) Create a new menu item that is a 'standard contact layout' that is linked to to the contact I just created.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds